Keyboard not as good as GNex?

anon(580888)

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Anyone notice how the keyboard is different compared to the keyboard on the Galaxy Nexus? For example, you can't hold down the top row of buttons to insert numbers, you have to actually push the "123" button.

Also, I liked the symbols button where it brought up a window with multiple symbols.

Anyone else feel like this keyboard's a bit less functional than the one on the Galaxy Nexus?

I poked around in settings and didn't find a way to fix this.

Ravynmagi

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, seems odd they'd take away the ability to hold a key to get it's shift state (like the top row for numbers).

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I really I think its too apply ish.in the keyboard department. They need to add that back or at least make it an option.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Don't have a Nexus phone but don't like the default keyboard. Installed SwiftKey 3 for tablets. I use Swift key on my Rezound, and too.

Sent from my AWESOME Nexus 7 via Tapatalk 2 :)

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Don't have a Nexus phone but don't like the default keyboard. Installed SwiftKey 3 for tablets. I use Swift key on my Rezound, and too.

Sent from my AWESOME Nexus 7 via Tapatalk 2 :)

I'm using SwiftKey 3 as well. It is very much like the stock Galaxy Nexus keyboard, or should I say the GNex keyboard is very much like SwiftKey 3 as it almost feels like Google used SwiftKey as a template for the stock keyboard. Not sure why Google decided to take away the functionality that the GNex default keyboard has as I actually prefer it to SwiftKey on my phone.