Nexus 7 25 dollar and movie "bug"?

jaguar10301

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I feel kinda bad posting this, but maybe someone will report it and get them to close up the loophole. I didn't do this intentionally but....

I originally set up our Nexus 7 for my wife because it's going to be hers in a bit but I get it for right now. Anyways I wanted to make sure she got the movie and the 25 dollars. No problem done. So tonight I unlocked and rooted it and set it up for myself. I get it up and running and see in my library I have the movie. I was like, no way it will run, it ran... I thought, can't be, let me check the play store and buying something. Yep 25 dollars.

So all you have to do is factory reset your account and then link a different account to it and they get the credit and movie too.

firenation112

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
If this really works you should have made a video showcasing how this is done and titled the video `` loophole found of potential unlimited credit of ?15`` im sure a few websites would have had an entire article about it looool

Let's hope Google are able to fix this quick. Don't want them getting in trouble with there content partners!

cbatiste1993

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hmm so I can almost pay off my nexus 7 debt with this? Lol whenever I get it that is.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

jaguar10301

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
If this really works you should have made a video showcasing how this is done and titled the video `` loophole found of potential unlimited credit of ?15`` im sure a few websites would have had an entire article about it looool

Let's hope Google are able to fix this quick. Don't want them getting in trouble with there content partners!

haha well it's not unlimited, each account should still be limited to only one 25 dollar credit, but i thought each device was limited to only giving one too, so who knows...

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't think it's a bug. But if it is it'll be fixed pretty quickly because it's been reported on some other Android news sites.

firenation112

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
how do you check your credit on Play... can't see it anywhere...

When you try buying something from the play store it has your credit listed and the amount you have left, so you go to the play store, pick something you like and when you click on buy before purchasing it it will show you your credit remaining.

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
You can check your credit by going to buy something in the store, then click the drop down. It should default to your Credit. It'll show your credit along with all your credit/debit cards that are listed on your account.

jaguar10301

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Nope does not work.

You aren't trying to do it to the same google account are you? I got the credit on two different accounts and i wiped the device for the other account to get it. Other people have gotten it... I just can't believe they didn't check this first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox