Setting up Nexus 7 without a Google Account

spacemanvt

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, new member and new Nexus 7 owner. I have a weird situation, my parents have recieved my nexus 7 while I am out travelling and they want to mess around with it to see if they want one but I dont want to have their google account credited with the $25 google play money.

Is there a way to get into the tablet without logging into any google account at all?

Hopefully then once I return and login with my account, I will be able to recieve the credit. I have never had a android device before so I am clueless.

thanks in advance

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Yes they can skip the sign in. They just won't be able to load any apps from the play store. They can still surf the web.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

jaguar10301

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
You say you don't have an existing account and then say you don't want to create one. It's quite simple.

But they won't be able to really "use" it and see if they want it without one. All the google apps will not work and they won't be able to download any other apps without the play store.

Goodeye

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Why would they hate it? They just want to test a tablet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because they can't do ANYTHING on it without that. No Google play store access. No movies noting basically a $200 internet surfing device.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

yellowsun

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Maybe they can use the browser to download the Amazon app store. They could download some of those apps to test it properly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital