Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Scratched screen?

Anyone getting little scratches on their display? I've carried mine in a cargo pocket for a couple of days, and noticed some scratching.

I carry my SGS2 in the opposite cargo pocket and it's never scratched carrying it that way.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Droiderator

ROM
    Bugless Nexus

See this thread about this.
    I guess Corning Fit Glass is not the same as Gorilla Glass

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Hadn't seen that - thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: Scratched screen?

6 days for me and now three scratches. I've had a Xoom for 17 months, and two high-end android phones in that time (MyTouch something or other and a Galaxy S2) and not scratches. I treat all my devices the same way: carefully. A real disappointment.

I've had my GS3 in a Outterbox Defender case but it was annoying trying to read email or the web when there is black text on a white background and the sensitivity is decreased. Way too much clarity lost with the built-in screen protector. I figured I would be OK to carry the phone naked in my pocket for a day. HOW WRONG was I? I now have a visible scratch on the display. The glass on the GS3 is not as durable as glass is on the previous Galaxy phones. I baby this phone and still ended up with an ugly scratch. On the previous Galaxy phones, I had everything you could fit or want to fit in your pocket along with my phone and never had a single micro or large scratch.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scratched screen?-ph1.jpg   Scratched screen?-ph2.jpg  

I've gone through 3 tablets in 2 years, and never had a screen protector, and yet never had a single scratch. That includes the Nexus. In fact, I've dropped the Nexus face down on hard metal, and it didn't get a single scratch or break.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by RichardRight View Post
    I've gone through 3 tablets in 2 years, and never had a screen protector, and yet never had a single scratch. That includes the Nexus. In fact, I've dropped the Nexus face down on hard metal, and it didn't get a single scratch or break.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    + 1 Exactly what i do!! I have dropped it a lot of times and not even a single scratch. Mine is nexus S btw.