Beam between Galaxy Nexus and N7...

mechapathy

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else tried this and found it extremely unreliable? I've gotten it to work only once, and it was an exercise in frustration. I've used Android Beam between two GNs just fine. Is it just my unit, or does anyone else have issue with this?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Got to hit that sweet spot. Your galaxy nexus should be sticking up over the top of the 7. You should see the full camera on the galaxy over the top.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

mechapathy

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the responses guys. That's what I've been trying, but it's super hit or miss. Maybe I just haven't found the spot yet. Oddly enough I managed to use Google wallet with no problem. Freaked the cashier out even more than when I use my Gnex.:)

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Thanks for the responses guys. That's what I've been trying, but it's super hit or miss. Maybe I just haven't found the spot yet. Oddly enough I managed to use Google wallet with no problem. Freaked the cashier out even more than when I use my Gnex.:)

I love using wallet and the cashiers are always shocked. They always say is that a iPhone! I say go ahead and try it with your iphone. Can't wait to see the look I get with this tablet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

quiet

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I've been having problems beaming content too. I've beamed from my VZW Gnex to my friend's GSII no problem too, but my N7 doesn't like receiving content for some reason. I know the NFC works because it will make the "beaming" noise and can read/write tags, so I know I've found the sweet spot, but I just have the hardest time beaming to it. I press to beam on my Gnex and it does nothing. I called support and they were able to do it no problem though, so I'm thinking something is up with either my VZW Gnex or my N7.

Does anyone else have a VZW Galaxy Nexus (rooted, stock 4.0.4) and a N7 (rooted, stock 4.1.1) and want to possibly try beaming? I have a theory it may just be an incompatibly thing. Thanks.

giograves

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I think you cannot beam files or pics prior to JB with nfc unless you used Sammy's implementation, S-Beam with WiFI direct. So if your stock GN is still on ICS, it technically wouldn't work.

Sharing youtube, web pages, etc should work though.

valentino88

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I've been having problems beaming content too. I've beamed from my VZW Gnex to my friend's GSII no problem too, but my N7 doesn't like receiving content for some reason. I know the NFC works because it will make the "beaming" noise and can read/write tags, so I know I've found the sweet spot, but I just have the hardest time beaming to it. I press to beam on my Gnex and it does nothing. I called support and they were able to do it no problem though, so I'm thinking something is up with either my VZW Gnex or my N7.

Does anyone else have a VZW Galaxy Nexus (rooted, stock 4.0.4) and a N7 (rooted, stock 4.1.1) and want to possibly try beaming? I have a theory it may just be an incompatibly thing. Thanks.

I have a VZ GN rooted on 4.0.4 and N7 non rooted but unlocked on 4.1.1
I cannot beam any pictures. I can beam web pages without any problems. But photos furrrrget it. Maybe when I upgrade GN to jelly bean it will work better.

masterxchief

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I have similar issues with my GNex. It works sometimes when I put the phone on the top right (if you are looking at the back of the Nexus 7). When I try with my Evo LTE it just keeps vibrating and does nothing.

Zooks64

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
This is what we did to get it to beam from VZW Nexus to Nexus 7 tablet:

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz0DeKoQUEA[/YT]

I don't know where the NFC antenna is on the S3 so I have no idea what orientation to use for that.

Both of these devices where stock and unrooted.

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Caution NFC may not function properly with the use of a 3rd party battery. To ensure functionality, only utilize the Samsung designed battery with Near Field Communication printed on the battery label.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar