Transfering mkv files

BIGsinner

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm having a problem transferring mkv files to my Nexus 7. Windows seems to crash every time I attempt it, yet I seem to have no problems with mp4 files. Is anyone else having this problem?

BIGsinner

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I hadn't yet. But I recently talked to a Google rep about this, and he confirmed that the Nexus 7 device doesn't support mkv files. I guess I'll just try and convert the MKVs to MP4s

droidmarve

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I know this is a bit of an old post but I figured a simply work around to this problem when I encountered it.
I simply edited my .mkv file to include a underscore after like so .mkv_. Once transferred, I edited the file back to the original .mkv and hey presto it worked. Also after some research on this problem it seems by uninstalling DivX on your PC you are able to transfer .mkv files freely. This didn't work for me but it did for some of the folks over at the xda forums.

Last edited:

Zapflashgone

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
The renaming files is a good trick that works for everything that I've tried. I also took "."[periods] out of a few files and they then copied fine. Don't remember if they were .mkv or something else though.

odd1ne

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I have transferred some mkv videos fine, MX player plays them fine

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums