Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Best Twitter app for Nexus 7

Hey, I was wondering which Twitter apps you guys like on the tablet. I've been using Seesmic on my phone, so I downloaded it onto the Nexus 7 as well. The functionality is really good, but the UI isn't optimized in any way for a tablet and looks exactly the same. Has anybody found one that looks really great on the tablet?

I've been using the free version of plumbe (spelling) so far I like it. Might upgrade to the full version ($5) with some of the play credits I have left.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

I have been using plume

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Carrier
    AOKP

Default Re: Best Twitter app for Nexus 7

I throw my vote for Plume as well. My other favorite app is twicca.. its kind of minimalistic, but has a ton of built in features and options. Since I started using Plume a few weeks ago I haven't gone back though.

I've tried out Plume and the standard Twitter app and neither have blown me away to be honest. Then again I come from a background of Tweetbot and Tweetlogix on the ipad/iPhone prior to the Nexus 7.
    Really hope they bring out some more apps soon.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

I also use Plume and it works pretty well. In the last AndroidCentral podcast they mentioned that a new client called Carbon will be coming out shortly and that it looks amazing on a tablet.
    #teamandroid

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts

I'm a fan of tweetcaster, but after listening to last nights' podcast, I'm looking forward to trying Carbon

Global Posts
    953 Global Posts

another vote for Plume. Looking forward to Carbon when it comes out though. Wish for Tweetbot as I love it, too bad I hate iOS.

Tweetdeck or Hootsuite

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

I use Plume since the UI isn't bad and it supports Tweetmarker.

Carrier
    CyanogenMod 6.1.1/Stock

im using Tweetlanes, had to sideload the APK

I always use the standard Twitter app with no complaints. Or just go to the website.

I like Tweetcaster Pro (offered free from the Amazon app store at one point), but it does have it's limitations. Haven't used Plume in a while but going to try it again.

I also use TweetCaster, and I love it! First screen is on my Galaxy Nexus and the 2nd one is on my Nexus 7.

But if you like multiple columns interface, go with Plume.

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 3.0.31-329968

I use TweetCaster on all of my devices. I use to use Carbon on my Pre and loved it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    547 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Jelly Bean!

Carbon comes out tomorrow.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Carrier
    Stock JB // CM10 JB

Are there any other apps that handle multiple networks and accounts like seesmic ?

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Carbon is supposed to be released on 7/22. From what I've read it should be the best by far...can't wait.

I use Plume, but I'm definitely going to be checking out Carbon when it drops for Android.
    armeddroid likes this.

Carrier
    ICS Nikez Lente

Carbon is out sometime this week, no release date planned yet. The developer said the week of the 22nd. Looking forward to giving it a whirl when it does release. Source: https://twitter.com/CarbonAndroid/st...98771848974336

Currently using Boid (sideloaded the APK from my phone) Tweetlanes (sideloaded too) or Plume. I haven't settled on one just yet, but Plume is probably the best and has the added bonus of Tweetmarker which loads your position in your timeline across multiple devices.

Quote Originally Posted by paul-c View Post
    I use Plume, but I'm definitely going to be checking out Carbon when it drops for Android.
    +1

Plume is my favorite. I occasionally try others but I always end up going back to Plume. I'll probably checkout Carbon too.

Tweetdeck has been my favorite for a couple years. Runs nicely on the Nexus.

Plume or Twicca.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast