Nexus 7 Compatibility Issues

airwalker78

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
To Google Play Support:

Seriously guys you release your first tablet and none of the tablet apps that I've attempted to install will download because of incompatibility. Tivo and Bank of America are a couple of examples. Also, the NBC Olympic apps are incompatible with the Nexus 7 even though they were just updated on 7/19/12. What's up with this? You guys put any pressure on developers to get their apps up to compatibility, especially the popular apps? Will the Nexus 7 eventually be compatible with tablet apps?

JackImageX

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I think you want to be directing those questions to the developers, specifically by putting it in the ratings on their app. Most developers watch those ratings and comments for feedback.

I have found many developers of the apps I use updating their apps to be compatible rather quickly.

pokingmon

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
I think you want to be directing those questions to the developers, specifically by putting it in the ratings on their app. Most developers watch those ratings and comments for feedback.

I have found many developers of the apps I use updating their apps to be compatible rather quickly.

THIS.

I emailed the Mobile Metronome developer about the app not loading up full screen on my N7 despite the description stating it was updated for tablet support. He immediately emailed me back asking for details and a screenshot. That was 2 days ago and I'm willing to bet a fix comes in soon. Same situation a while back for another app I had. I think it was Package Buddy.

Anyone griping at Google for app incompatibility is wasting their time and putting heat on the wrong party. App developers had their SDK's updated for this, they've been told ahead of time to get their apps updated, and even with all of that, we're talking about the software world here. It's never perfect, and this sort of thing is to be expected in an environment where there are multiple versions of the same OS across many many different devices.

Furthermore, unless you tell the developer of the apps that they aren't working and (in the case of apps that install but don't work) give them details on what the issues are, they aren't going to know, much less fix it.

terthii

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
If I had to guess it's because of Jellybean. Just be patient. It's a new OS, and developers are sending out compatibility fixes.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums