Nexus 7 16GB (ordered 7/3) still hasn't shipped.

baileystein

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm not very happy here. Google told me in the email that they would have my tablet shipped by the end of the day on July 18th. Yes it is a standalone 16GB model ordered before July 11, July 3 in fact.

I was just curious if anyone else is going through the same thing.

I tried to call google 3 times last night. Ended up waiting 40 minutes and they told me that they are shipping it very, very soon. I asked how soon. Before Midnight PST. Okay...so I woke up at 3:10 and no email, no charge, nothinng.

I called again. Waited for 30 minutes and the music ended up putting me to sleep. Lol.

I called again at 5 AM. Waited 20 minutes and said screw it.

I saw on the forums that UPS would be picking up my tablet at 7:30 PST. So I waited until 11:00 EST.

Called again. Call was dropped after 50 minutes.

Anyways, trying to get ahold of them.

Side note: I need my tablet by Sunday. Does anybody know if they deliver Saturday? If they don't deliver, I'll have to change it to the hotel in Chicago I'm staying at. I'm sure they'll love that.

Anyways, if they refuse, I'll just leave a note. Send it back.

Tired of Google, ready to drive back to Microsoft.

dwhall

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Same issue here... 9:45 PST and no email confirmation or shipping info in Google Wallet. Not very optimistic that it will be here today :(

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
If you ordered before 11th i would definitely be pissed.

Also since they upgraded it to overnight shipping they should ship on Saturday as they are using UPS Next Next Day Air Saver which does ship Saturdays.

Sorry to hear about that guy :(

baileystein

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
Called Google. I have a solution.

The problem is with the Google system and it is looping your credit card so might want to check on that. They said that they have to fix my order and they can't do that since they are so backed up.

They said I should get an email where I have to email one of the upper guys to fix it.

They also said no problem with credit cards, just a major bug they have never experienced.

They told me Monday. Which sucks because I'll be gone. They also cannot re-route as a company policy and the only other option is fee-based re route through UPS.

I am officialy very angered. Will be the last google product I buy.

rmysore

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
As far as I know, or what I was told by csr, every body who pre ordered by 11, should get theirs today irrespective of whether you get an email or shipping notification. I am guessing they are in a hurry and are not updating the systems even after shipping. Overnight shipping. Mines here, at work. Gotta go pick up. I would wait today before canceling. Good luck.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Android Central Forums

eneisch

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Company is worth billions and they won't spend a couple of bucks to re-route or break up orders with accessories so that people who pre-ordered can have their purchase in a reasonable time period. I ordered 6/28 (w/ a case) and they only charged my credit card yesterday, but I still don't have have any tracking info so I'm pretty sure it won't arrive till next week at this point.

BTW - Saturday delivery is different than overnight and costs more. I wouldn't hold my breath on anyone having it delivered on Saturday unless it was supposed to be delivered today and UPS screwed up for some reason.

Reactions: Tom S.

DreamSTi

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Called Google. I have a solution.

The problem is with the Google system and it is looping your credit card so might want to check on that. They said that they have to fix my order and they can't do that since they are so backed up.

They said I should get an email where I have to email one of the upper guys to fix it.

They also said no problem with credit cards, just a major bug they have never experienced.

They told me Monday. Which sucks because I'll be gone. They also cannot re-route as a company policy and the only other option is fee-based re route through UPS.

I am officialy very angered. Will be the last google product I buy.

Yeah I doubt that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm