Can't buy IAP with $25 Google credit

CandyNJ6

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I tried to buy an in app purchase in the game Faction Wars with my $25 Google play Nexus 7 balance and it said invalid! The developer of the game doesn't know it said that and asked me to contact Google play and report back what they said.

Anyone else have this problem? I can buy apps with no problem. What is the telephone number I should call?

mkiker2089

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
The credit is only for use in the Play store to buy apps (or content) from Google. I doubt they get money on in app purchases like they do in the app store.

CandyNJ6

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, called Google play and the guy confirmed it. It was a gift, a credit so I think they should have implemented an iTunes like gift card way because with Apple GC, you CAN buy IAP with gift cards

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Depends on how the IAP was implemented perhaps. I bought some from that auralux game with the $25 credit, not an issue. I guess it depends if it goes through the playstore (good IAP that syncs with your account) or their own way.

cesar2d

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem tonight while trying to purchase Pocketband with my Nexus 7 $25 credit. I thought it was a problem with Google Wallet but then I just tried pretending to purchase Minecraft and it would let me use my credit. Tried something else, it also would let me. Then I tried Pocketband again and it wouldn't. My guess is that it doesn't work for every app or IAP. Weird though...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol