8 gig nexus 7 apps

ac1221

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I got my 7 today. 2 questions for the forum.....
1... if I dont like this in the next few days ,can I return it for a refund?? I got it from the Goog
store.....

2 ....I am on a limited 5Gig a month plan and cant have this thing downloading lots of stuff
in the background...how do I shut off ALL the apps unless I turn them on manual for a session??

I am ONLY using this for internet and no movies,books,mags etc. It is hard on the eyes if you
ask me. Please answer both questions...

Daniel0418

May 14, 2010
Visit site
1. Yes if you don't like it you can return it.

2. You can go to settings and below where it says WiFi tap the 'more' button And you can turn on airplane mode. This will completely cut off all incoming and outgoing data. Also, as a less dramatic option, you can turn off data sync. The easiet way to do this is with the power control widget. Its the 2nd button to the sr right of the widget, the 2 arrows. It sill stop all your srvices from sending data likr gmail, twitter, facebook.

I hope this helped'

ac1221

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
yes you can go to apps then running then all and there is about 35 services and I turned off
most of the ones you could and its better....

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
If you feel it's hard on your eyes why bother with setting anything. I'd send it back. 5G of data is pretty impressive. I use less than a 1/2G month including my phone cuz I used wifi at home. Maybe you're worried needlessly.?

Sent from my AWESOME Nexus 7 via Tapatalk 2 :)

Daniel0418

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Yes you can top services one by one in settings. Just scroll down in settings until you see Facebook and Google icons. Click them and you can tell it what to sync and not to sync.