Get another 25 dollars from Google play!

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
If you factory reset your device (this may be less annoying for people who haven't yet gotten their device) and make a new Google account (takes like 5 minutes) to sign in with when it reboots, Google will give you another 25 bucks. Apparently Google has been made aware of this and has said they have chosen not to change it. So basically it's like a little bonus for modders.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: ShaggyKids

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
What a nice gift! But I don't think I want to go to re setting and setting my device again in order to get it. I already spent a lot of time getting in the way I want and I don't want to have to do it again.

Sent from my AWESOME Nexus 7 via Tapatalk 2 :)

cmunic8r99

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I didn't sign up for fav fives and the app was on my phone already and works if I know what it is supposed to do. It sets up your fav fives for you. YOu pick five contacts and it dials them for you, is that how it is supposed to work?

You could do a nandroid backup, reset, activate, profit, restore...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I've done this 4 times now. That's the max I can do, since you have to have a valid credit card for each account. Since you can gift apps to other accounts (your main account) this is epic win. Free hundred dollars, Cha ching! Don't really need the cash, but it entertains me to do it.

Last edited:

myhui

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Where do I see my Google account status? I used a new Google email address to activate my Nexus 7, and I cannot see my account balance, any linkage to a credit card (I never entered any), etc.

Jaingo5150

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Just because it is there, doesn't make it right to exploit it. Some folks legitimately have multiple accounts in a family setting, for example husband and wife.

Karma is always a . Good luck.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Reactions: cordoni and ejraney

dpridgen

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
You may not be able to gift, but you can link your device to multiple accounts, and toggle the play store between the different accounts, thereby allowing you to download and install paid apps from different accounts on the same device. (at least you could on the Galaxy Tab 10.0) I haven't tried this yet on Jelly Bean.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Oh I thought you could. If not that would make the extra credit a lot less useful.

There's an xda thread with info in detail on this little exploit BTW.

And to the people calling me a thief, I don't plan on actually using the credit anyway, I don't need the money, I just like doing exploits like this just because I can, it entertains me for some reason. Now if it's something produced by the MPAA/RIAA, that's a different story. I will steal it out of principle.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm, interesting. I have two accounts each tied to a different card. So how come only 1 shows the credit?

Sent from my AWESOME Nexus 7 via Tapatalk 2 :)

You have to factory reset the device, then make a new account and tie it to the device.

vvo00002

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
hi!!! i just buy a google nexus but actually don't know much about it, i already used it for about 3 weeks but i do not know how to receive the 25$ gift card what can i do

RichardRight

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I don't plan to do this. It's too much hassle. However I don't know why it's stealing to take something that someone is willingly giving you. As far as I know Google has never said you're not allowed more than one account.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy