Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Default Re: Nexus 7 speaker issue.

Sometimes my sound will quit all together. It just happens randomly. I reboot it and then its fine. I'm not sure whats going on. It is really annoying.

Ive had my 16 gb a few days and am knocked out by the High quality and volume of the small speaker. those with complaints must have defective speakers.

Any suggestions for using external speakers? Can they be connected to the N7? I'm wanting something small and portable, but can't hear music or movies without a headset.

Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    ROM
    Will be rooted

The speakers are loud and sound great in my opinion. That's one of the things that I always pointed out. How loud the speakers are. I'm wondering if some have speakers that are not as good.

Sent from my Nexus 7

You want good speakers in this little package? It's not going to happen. You can get ACCEPTABLE speakers for voice, barely, in a 10" tab, since there is room for a bigger speaker and also room for air to move a little. I mean, they can barely get understandable speakers in most laptops. Some laptops port their speakers behind the keyboard, and those sound almost good, but they have the room to do it. You won't get hi-fi, ever. If you want really good sound, get external speakers. There are lots of bluetooth speakers available, and while bluetooth isn't exactly audiophile quality it beats the heck out of the in-built speaker.

Yes, I've noticed the problem on my 7. The speaker is really bad. There is nothing you can do about it. Well, you might try porting, which would require you to put a hole in your 7 somewhere. But that's not worth the trouble imho.

That buzzing is the laws of physics telling you that you can't do that

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

my sounds like crap also....just got mine at officemax.....i hate returning things....

We can always go to staples like u said, but I am in India now. At is the best way to get the nexus 7 replaced... I purchased it from Walmart, do they give a new unit after 30 days... please advice..

If you think you have a bad speaker, just turn your device off then turn it on again and it should work

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

I have two 7"s at home. One a 16gb that I picked up when they first launched and a 32gb 3G I just picked up last week, speaker was fine on the 3G for the most part this weekend and last night it started to crackle and pop which is not normal. Bought it from B&H, already submitted a RMA for a exchange. Lets see how long its going to take to get it replaced.

Smile Re: Nexus 7 speaker issue.I am having the same issues.

I was very happy with my tablet and suddenly it just started sounding horribly. Couldn't listen to anything clearly and I don't know how to fix it! A y suggestions?

Default Re: Nexus 7 speaker issue.I am having the same issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Tania Maldonado View Post
    I was very happy with my tablet and suddenly it just started sounding horribly. Couldn't listen to anything clearly and I don't know how to fix it! A y suggestions?
    Try what's in this thread and/or warranty...

Nexus 7 speaker blown?

Angry Re: Nexus 7 speaker issue.

My speaker just blew today, I bought my Nexus 7 less than a week ago. The size of the speaker doesn't matter, it should not get distorted. I've owned the iPod Touch (different generations) for years and the even tinier speakers never got broken like this. There's a lot of Apple haters but their quality has been absolutely better, I even accidentally put an iPod Nano through an entire wash cycle at the laundry years ago and it's still working.

After researching this and reading these comments, I am becoming very dissapointed because it seems to be a common and unfixable issue. I should go get a refund but I do enjoy everything else about this tablet.

If it happens suddenly, reboot sometimes fixes it. Mine does that, and I believe it may be a software glitch. If I shut it down and do a clean start, the static sound is gone for a while. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with volume. The static is there with apps and with music. I haven't tried headphones yet, but I will. I got it though Samsclub and it has an extended warranty (the reason I bought it from them), so I have lots of time to get it resolved.

I have ran into a bad speaker in my Nexus 7, but it was an easy fix. $38 for replacement speaker module at eBay.

View eBay item here: Nexus 7 Speaker Module Replacement Parts for Google Asus Parts 8 GB 16 GB 32 GB | eBay

Speak is bad on my n7 as well...

Bought it in June 2013 and no problem until 6 January 2014. starting at 40% volume it's like a buzzing noise, and for all apps except FIFA 2014 and Deer Hunter (I don't know why). I send it yesterday for service but they told me if I want my money back or another tablet because this one is no longer on their store. So, at the end of the week I'll have my new iPad. Nexus was a great tablet, but the Asus quality of hardware is kinda crap.

Sent from my Nokia 1100 using "Repeatedly pushing" keyboard
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12