And ode as an introduction.

dotism

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I originally posted this to Google+, but I don't have any like minded friends there so have decided to share it here as well... As a lurker: I like you all a lot.

The Nexus 7 is charging after being depleted and I feel as if I have been cut off. I have an Android phone in my hand, an iMac in the living room, a MacBook Pro in the bedroom, an iPod Touch abandoned and a netbook laying around here somewhere... yet the loss of a little tablet is rendering me newly kerfuffled.

This tells me something, first world problems accounted for: this being that the Nexus 7 has completely changed the way I desire to interact with the Internet and has taught me more about it in 72 hours than I thought possible. And I am a little bothered by being without it. The iMac feels clumsy and demanding, the laptop just wants me to watch banality on Netflix or write code of nothingness for no one in particular. Who needs another silly ajaxified widget anyway, especially a single purposed one. The phone is so tiny and the netbook will just have me apt-getting until the sun arises. Though the Crunchbang forums are a dose of sanity and delight. I've been meaning to go Debian experimental anyway.

I truly miss my Nexi and she is laying right here... Getting healthy.

Nerds get things and aren't satisfied with them, naturally: Overclocking... rooting... side loading... ripping it all apart just to know. Though I adore the Nexus 7 just the way it is (minor interface adjustments aside) and I hope to return to her soon.

If I fiddle about and get her refreshed via 220, will she power up faster? :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci