Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By b0btech
  • 1 Post By John-Smith
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

Default Google Music - Low Quality Artwork

Is anyone else getting low quality album covers for their music on Google Music on the Nexus 7? They come out very blurry. I even manually edited the album covers on Google Play with 1200x1200 images. When I re-access these covers they still show up as low quality. Any tricks on how to get these covers to come up at a good resolution?

Thanks.

Default Re: Google Music - Low Quality Artwork

Can't help with that one, but I've hit a different snag. After uploading 3700 songs from my iTunes to Google Music about ten percent or more of the album covers have been substituted with covers from the wrong bands. Its not that the covers are mixed up, they're cover to things that are not even part of my collection.

Looks like Amateur Hour reigns supreme at Google.

I can't even get it to upload all of my music. I just stopped using it.

at least it's free.

from MY SIII in sunny FL.
    Eduardo06sp likes this.

Artwork isn't great on a display larger than a phone and I'm not sure there is a fix. That said, I've been using Google Music for a long while now and have been really very pleased. It takes a long time to get all your music loaded, but once its loaded, I've found the experience to be excellent. I do pin a few albums to local storage for airplane rides, etc. Beyond that, I've been happy with streaming.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

This is another reason why Google music sucks to me. I decided to give it a try on the N7 but I can't deal with those blurry artwork and wrong cover. About to use PowerAMP
    On that Jellybean stuff

I love google music. But I too have had the problem of all my music showing the same artwork... even if I update it manually.

Sent from my LGL55C using Android Central Forums
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

Ah. So, I'm not the only one with these issues. Thanks guys. Sooner or later Google will address these issues.

It must be certain artists. Most of my artwork looks pretty good, but I only have a handful of albums in there. I have a few that look like dirt however and one that has no cover.

90% of my artwork is wrong LOL!

Sn: It took two days to upload 600+ songs to google music cloud lmao painful!
    On that Jellybean stuff

I have 4000 songs in my Google Music library. Very few (if any) have incorrect album art. I think I ran into this issue for a handful of albums when I first uploaded my music and only for albums that were compilations, etc. I don't recall what the fix was, but this has not been a widespread problem for me. What genres of music are folks uploading? Maybe it is better at some genres and types of music than others?

Album art quality is not stellar on the N7, but not at all bad either. Same album art looks great on my GNex.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

I've used Google Music since it first arrived and I have 5,000+ songs uploaded. I'm very careful about the tagging each file prior to uploading. I haven't seen a screw up with album art, but occasionally the app will "reload" all my album art for every song after I upload only a few new files. And the low-res art does bother me on the Nexus 7, but it's been pretty flawless beyond that.
    Thanked by:

I've used Google Play Music basically since it launched, and I have been fairly happy with it. The streaming works well, and I have a few albums pinned to my devices as well. I initially uploaded over 10,000 songs, and after going through and deleting some of the poorly tagged songs, as well as music I know I won't ever listen to, I have a nicely organized library. Some of the album art is a little low res, and some of the albums have no art at all, but that's a small issue when you consider that this is a free cloud service with more capacity than most will ever need, with a player that has been consistently improving in terms of UI and features since they started it. I'm a happy camper.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    CM 9.1

I uploaded all of my music to Gplay, about 2500 songs. I went through and organized a lot of them by putting a thumbs down next to the ones I didn't want/listen too/like and then when I was all done I would sort all the thumbs down and mass delete them. I've gotten rid of about 500 songs that way, it was really helpful. I suggest this method for organizing.

Then I restarted my computer one day, and all the songs were re-synced and back on the device, thankfully they all came back under "Recently Added" so I was able to delete them all again. (I fixed this by going into the desktop app and checking don't sync all music) But for anyone that wants to upload to Google Play Music and hasn't yet. I suggest you do all or at least most of your organizing on your PC before uploading. It makes it all the more easier.

And to get back on topic, my album arts are also always wrong and are low res, as well. It honestly doesn't really bother me, but it would be cool if they were all correct. (I can't blame it on Google though because I have the same problem when playing them on my PC)

Update: I know no one is going to read this edit, but.. I installed media monkey a couple weeks ago and that program is awesome, I organized the tags, genres and added correct album art to about 95% of my songs. I then installed Tag-scanner and used that to rename all my files, it does it super quick and easy and makes the song titles look a lot more neat. This process all took me days to do, but its worth it.
    Last edited by John-Smith; 08-12-2012 at 03:03 PM.
    Thanked by:
    sweet baboo likes this.

Hi guys,
    I dont know if this thread is still relevant.
    I had experienced the same problems as mentioned above. But I think I solved them all.
    First - wrong covers: It only happened in one album and that was a compilation. So there where different songs all with the same album title. It seems that Google Music is not able to cope with this kind of compilations. All of the songs had the same cover (I think the first that had been uploaded). If you have compilations you should find out the original albums the songs came from and rename the album tag - then it works (but you wont be able to play them together unless you create a playlist for the compilation).

Second: Poor cover art. I had an album with a cover of 1500x1500 pixels. It looked really poor on my Nexus 10. I played with it and reassigned it with 1000x1000 pixels. And now it looks great. It seems that there is a max size for cover art and google probably has an algorithm to resize bigger art automatically (only google knows on which size - or you could try by downloading the files again). Anyway - thats a solution, too
    Have fun
    Martin

I have like 4-5GB worth of music, and I had to re-download/upload the album art for every. single. album. half had incorrect art, all were low-res. took me the better part of an hour, and a couple still have random covers like "NOW MUSIC 40!!!" but I'm too lazy to change it at this point.

idk about the album covers

but google music changes music content

meaning if you have a uncut song it could show up on google play edited

I love google music. But I too have had the problem of all my music showing the same artwork... even if I update it manually.

clear app cache, reload....