Google Play Return Questions

alkthree87

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
Much to my extreme disappointment. I have contacted Google in reference to returning my 16 GB Nexus, as the left side of the screen is lifting (even after I adjusted the screws in the back) and I have at least one dead pixel. They gave no timeframe for when I would get my replacement. Anybody else have thoughts on how long this will take, since there are no 16 GB models in stock?
Should exchanges be sent before new orders?

Also, I was wondering if I should unroot when I send it back, or not bother? I was planning on wiping to factory anyway.

I absolutely love this thing, and it's a shame that these issues seem to be so frequent. It will be hard to be without my n7 for an extended period of time.

qst4

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the same boat with a very slight left side separation. Called and they opened a case on it and said I would be contacted via e-mail by a tech rep who would tell me how to exchange it. This was on Friday. While not being given a date for a replacement concerns me a little, I'm comfortable waiting a week a two for the e-mail before "acting a fool". I'm sort of expecting a long wait for a replacement, but I'm confident that when a replacement is available Google will send one out. I would really like to hear the sales figures on the N7 because it seems like Google may have grossly underestimated demand.

alkthree87

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
They gave me all the shipping info, including the UPS label about an hour after I placed the call on Friday. It's good to see I'm not the only one that will be waiting. I'm now waiting for my computer to be returned from repair before I go off and send away another device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz