Cancel Nexus 7 Order from Google Play

RawisTheGameHhH

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I am trying to cancel my order that I placed yesterday. I am currently on the phone with them and he doesnt think I can cancel it; not sure why its no where near shipping. Has anyone successfully canceled their order from the Play Store?

Glockdoc

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
They told me the order could not be canceled and to refuse it when delivered.When the Nexus was returned my credit card would be credited.I'm not sure what I'm going to do at this point.

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
yup just fill out the form on the above site

"Your purchase from Google Play has been cancelled. Any charges made will be refunded"

How long did it take for you to get a response? I ordered a 16 gigabyte version from the play store but I found a 16 gigabyte in a sam's club and picked that 1 up. I don't have a tracking number.

Thanks for posting this.

smitjeh

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I originally preordered on the 10th July in the UK, all was good until they started appearing in my local stores on the 17th, with at least a week more to wait I decided to cancel.

I went through calling support to try and cancel my nexus 7, they said I couldn't as the process had already begun, I then emailed support through Google wallet and advised that I wanted to cancel my order as no payment had been taken and it wasn't planned on being despatched until the following week (18th July)

At this point I bought my Nexus 7 from my local PC world (19th July) even though I had had no response from Google. To be safe I logged onto Google wallet and removed my card details, when I removed my card a message popped up on screen saying this would effect my nexus 16gb order so I figured my order would eventually cancel due to no payment.

Today (23rd July) my available balance on my bank account was reduced by roughly ?208 so Google was still able to charge my card. I called my bank and managed to get the payment reversed, and the bank advised me to cancel my card as they said Google would just attempt to take the payment again tomorrow, so now I am without my bank card for a week.

So it took some work but I think (hopefully) I've beaten Google into submission and my order will now inevitably be cancelled.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

obeone09

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
You could always sell the extra 16GB on eBay and and make a little extra. I just looked and they are going for more than Google is selling them for, and of course the 16GB at sold out at Google for a bit.

smitjeh

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I might need to, they have still sent it. Its out for delivery today, funny thing is I did get the money back when I called up the bank yesterday so this could be interesting.

Let's see if Google can stop the parcel in transit.

TemporalBeef

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I ordered on 7/15, cancelled my order yesterday as I was driving to pick up a 16GB N7 from Micro Center in Cleveland. My phone actually cut out while talking to a customer service rep who put me on hold to see if cancelling my order was possible. After freaking out and thinking I had to be on hold for another 40 minutes because of my dropped call, I received an email with my cancelled order receipt.

mikeInTheSky

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
So for those who refuse delivery, will Google refund all the charges, including shipping charges?
I tried to cancel from the Play order summary, the page linked in here, and over the phone (never got througgh), and this morning I'm getting an email stating that my order has shipped.

I've never seen such bad handling of eCommerce by any company, ever...

smitjeh

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
My understanding is if you refuse they will refund all the money back to your account, might take a week or 2 though.

truetotexas

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
its funny. I used that form linked above to try and cancel my order before I picked one up locally here... and literally 10 minutes later I got an email saying it had been shipped. And minutes after that, an email from them saying they couldnt cancel it because it had been shipped.

coincidence, maybe.

smitjeh

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I got a reply the day they shipped mine, I just don't know why a company as big as Google hasn't got a simple order cancellation procedure.

I went through so much hassle trying to get my order cancelled it very nearly put me off buying one, I'm just glad the product was worth the hassle.

The money it must have cost to ship out the devices that were refused must have been astronomical, not that it would make a difference with a company as wealthy as them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc