Bluetooth Recieve files not working?
10-05-2013 12:25 AM
- Hello All,
So tried to transfer some files from my Galaxy SII to my Nexus 7 via bluetooth. Both devices paired fine, and I was able to send files from the Nexus 7 to the Galaxy SII no problem. But, I was unable to transfer from the GSII to the Nexus 7. I later installed a third party app from Google play that started it's own Bluetooth services which allowed me to transfer, but seems odd I need a thirds party program for something as basic as this.
Am I missing a setting somewhere, or does the Nexus 7 and stock JB not have bluetooth file reciever services?07-23-2012 09:26 AM
- Ok, that's odd, wondering if there is an issue with the Nexus 7 bluetooth file transfer protocols. I've transfered between my Galaxy S II and multiple other devices (MacOS, WindowsOS, CentOS Linux, ATT Captivate) with no issues. Yet the Nexus 7 still refuses unless I run a third party bluetooth app. And then you have the opposite problem.
Were you trying to send a file or a contact/calender data? Those uses different protocols in the bluetooth spec.07-24-2012 07:47 AM
- I have exactly the same issue. I was able to send files via bluetooth from my Nexus 7 to my Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 4g but not viceversa. I thought something was wrong with my phone but then the same happenned when I tried to send a file from my thrive to the Nexus 7. Could my unit be defective? At least now I know I'm not the only one with this issue!08-04-2012 09:51 AM
- I can check on the S2 and see if it works for me...be back in a minute.
OK, So the after pairing the S2 and the N7. I sent a pic from the S2 to the N7 and it worked fine. After sharing off the S2, I got the message to accept the file on the N7...I selected yes and then pulled down notifications and watched the transfer. Aboue 20 sec's.
What are you trying to transfer?
The S2 has Stock ICS. If your on Gingerbread maybe that's the problem.
Also just sent the pic from N7 to S2 and that worked as well. I made sure both screens were on and again just had to hit accept.08-04-2012 12:12 PM
- yeah im having the same problem except for i have a optimus v and i cant transfer either way although i have only tried apks and a song and the optimus s still running froyo which is nothing compared to the almighty jelly bean i have tried your suggestions but nothing so far.09-14-2012 05:45 AM
- 12-10-2012 04:48 PM
- Nexus 7 paired with blackberry 9320. Initially had same problem send from phone bar pops up saying accept file. Did not know where to accept. Could send photo from nexus 7 to phone easily. Tried 6 times from phone to nexus I had to swipe down top left on little arrow photo name is there select and click aaccept. Transfer completed.01-13-2013 04:40 AMLike 2
You are correct. I was having the same problem on my Nexus 4 (not being able to transfer files to the device) until I tried sending said file in a .zip archive. Seems Jelly Bean will only allow certain file-types to be received (for security, presumably).
Thanks for the helpful info.04-24-2013 08:06 AM
This is interesting and could explain why I m not able to send all my contacts from my old (great) phone Sony Ericsson w810i towards the nexus 7
A message on the phone says "ITEM NOT ACCEPTED BY OTHER DEVICE ", on the phone
I suppose the contacts are in vcf format in the phone
Does anyone have an idea ? how could I transfer or backup the contact list towards the tablet ?
Is there an app like Myphoneexplorer on the store ?
The w810i is still a very good skill. The audio quality is conversations is well above almost any smartphone I think. If s not required to recharge it everyday, it s small in the hand and beefy
Don t want to get and expensive and fragile smartphone for the moment04-29-2013 08:28 AM
- Hi All,
very ironically, I faced the same problem about not able to accept Bluetooth transfers from my phone to NEXUS7 tab. I was able to send from tab to phone, & tried everything for other way round, but quite surprisingly, there was no way to initiate the transfer on nexus7 tab on android 4.2.2 jellybean. For a moment I thought this gr8 platform is missing this basic task, but at no time, I suspected malfunction in my device, which I bought yesterday. Neither, like some of u, I thought I am getting older(senior's moment), or I am the only one, who is using Bluetooth for basic xfers !!
I then decided to search for help on my lappy, found this website and instantly connected with so many of you, not able to find the same, "accept transfer" option on NEXUS7.
Well, of all the above comments, the correct one is by DEBJAN, I tried that and it instantly worked, without any hassel.
As soon as we initiate xfer from mobile/laptop etc. we get a msg. right on top of tab, "Bluetooth share incoming file". Then u scroll the little msg downward and it opens a dialogue , "Bluetooth share, incoming file ?" .... click Ok/yes and then accept ... that's the way !!
thanyou guys, I was really moved to share my experience only because so many of u did that !! I think its a gr8 way to find help and pass - on !!
India10-05-2013 12:25 AM
- Google Hardware, Services & Apps
- More Google Devices & Services
- Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)
Bluetooth Recieve files not working?
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD