1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default From Sense to Stock

So I have had a HTC Sense phone since the beginning on my Android tenure. I haven't used pure stock Google too many times other than flashing here and there. Anyway, I am so used to some of the Sense additions that are either missing or I can't find in stock.

First, Sense links are contacts together for you and you can unlink if you need to. However, I know Facebook hasn't updated their API so you have to download a 3rd party app to sync photos. Also, I manually had to link/merge all my contacts which was a PITA and took forever. Is there a way to auto link contacts together in stock?

Secondly, I hooked into work email and the stock email app is not displaying HTML email. It does on Sense but I can't find any settings in stock email to enable HTML. What am I missing?

Those are the things that have stood out so far. I want to move to the Nexus line and thought a tablet would be a good start. Although a lot of people hate Sense I think it does a lot of things that stock does not. Plus, I really like the uniformity of widgets and it feels more polished. I know Google is getting there though.

Thanks all!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Mirage

This would be the wrong forum.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by terthii View Post

It is regarding my Nexus 7, I think it is fine here in the General forum, thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: From Sense to Stock

Quote Originally Posted by terthii View Post

Boo this man
    Thanked by: