Best Practical Apps

parker22

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Hey Guys I just picked up a 16 gig N7 from staples. ( lucky I know ) Anyway I was wondering what you suggest in terms of must have/practical apps. I am a farmer and I also operate a small trucking and excavating business. weather business related or not what would you reccomend?

As of right now I have subscribed to a magazine as well as downloaded apps that I use on my RAZR maxx. I also downloaded tablet talk and it is pretty awesome for texting between my N7 and RAZR. I have foxfi on my RAZR as well.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Foxfi is a great app for connecting to the internet using your smartphone and N7 tablet. I also use the app "Pulse" for downloading and viewing magazine article snippets and news. Podkicker to listen to podcasts (downloaded or streaming), WiFi Explorer to wirelessly transfer files from my Mac/PC to my N7 on my home network, Mocha VNC for remotely connecting to my Mac while on the road (or in my living room), Wunderlist as checklist app, and Pandora for streaming music.

dotism

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
cohoman did a really nice job of rounding up some functionality, even if we choose different solutions.

Something like Fancy Widgets or Beautiful Widgets can get the weather on your home screen in a breeze with quick access to forecasts and the like from a tap. You may also have the widget styled to your fancy by way of many interface enhancements available within the widget of your choosing.

See if your bank has an app... That can come in handy.

I like Pocket for viewing lengthy articles I stumble upon later, although I like the Pocket interface so much that I toss stuff over there to read immediately if a website is too glaring (e.g. many newspapers, blogs, et-cetera).

Flipboard is a handy to way to get a dose of tailored, or not so, news in a nifty package. Once you get used to it, flipping through the articles has you admiring the 21st century. I am now curious if they handle weather as well... Does anyone know?

Dropbox is handy, of course, but you probably already know that if you are an existing Dropbox user :)

I'm forgetting stuff... This is fun.

Edit: I'm curious, have you played with Google Now? (Swipe up from the Nexus 7 home button/soft key). There might be some stuff in there for you, especially regarding weather.

Last edited:

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Chrome to Phone is a great google app for sending just about any internet content straight to your Nexus7 even download links.

Reactions: dotism

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Foxfi is a great app for connecting to the internet using your smartphone and N7 tablet. I also use the app "Pulse" for downloading and viewing magazine article snippets and news. Podkicker to listen to podcasts (downloaded or streaming), WiFi Explorer to wirelessly transfer files from my Mac/PC to my N7 on my home network, Mocha VNC for remotely connecting to my Mac while on the road (or in my living room), Wunderlist as checklist app, and Pandora for streaming music.

AirDroid is similar to WiFi File Explorer but it's free. It has worked very well for me.

Ultimate Rotation lets you rotate any app's screen, even the home launcher (no root required). Springpad is a great note/check list program. You can access its data from any web browser.

parker22

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
cohoman did a really nice job of rounding up some functionality, even if we choose different solutions.

Something like Fancy Widgets or Beautiful Widgets can get the weather on your home screen in a breeze with quick access to forecasts and the like from a tap. You may also have the widget styled to your fancy by way of many interface enhancements available within the widget of your choosing.

See if your bank has an app... That can come in handy.

I like Pocket for viewing lengthy articles I stumble upon later, although I like the Pocket interface so much that I toss stuff over there to read immediately if a website is too glaring (e.g. many newspapers, blogs, et-cetera).

Flipboard is a handy to way to get a dose of tailored, or not so, news in a nifty package. Once you get used to it, flipping through the articles has you admiring the 21st century. I am now curious if they handle weather as well... Does anyone know?

Dropbox is handy, of course, but you probably already know that if you are an existing Dropbox user :)

I'm forgetting stuff... This is fun.

Edit: I'm curious, have you played with Google Now? (Swipe up from the Nexus 7 home button/soft key). There might be some stuff in there for you, especially regarding weather.

I wish my bank had an app but it is s small town bank and does not. Yes I am using Google now some and I see a lot of potential, but I am having a problem. If I ask it weather it shows me weather for Bridgeport Chicago. I am over 150 miles from Chicago. I have GPS turned on as well. Also does the N7 have full gps?

I am already using ultimate rotation and it is great.

I will be sure to look into air droid.

Thanks for the replies so far!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22