Question about shooter games and file sizes

tony78201

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm a newbie when it comes to file sizes on games, still learning. and since I own the 8g nexus 7, I'd like at least one good shooter game, anyone know of a good one with a not so large file size? maybe Dead Trigger?

dotism

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Dead Trigger is a 122 megabyte download, I believe... I'm not sure if there are additional download requirements after the initial install. Does anyone know the fully installed size of Dead Trigger?

If it is indeed only 122 megs, that will leave you more than ample room on an 8 gig Nexus 7. In fact, the effect on your storage would be barely noticeable.

lostmarine

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Dead trigger is 123 megs on mine... I like Shadow Gun HD so much better but you are looking at 735 megs. Good luck..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I play NOVA 3 but I wouldn't suggest it since just the content download is 1.7gb so just avoid this one. Too bad tho since your Nexus7 is meant with games like these in mind. They look freaking awesome and play smooth as butter.

tony78201

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
thanks for the replies. I have read online that Nova has a huge file size. I downloaded dead trigger, and hardly noticed the space it takes. I was surprised.

Flatland2D

May 4, 2012
Visit site
On my Nexus 7 I currently have installed Dead Trigger, Shadow Gun THD, Modern Combat 3, GTA III, Angry Birds: Space, Draw Something, Reckless Getaway, and Glowball. My total app usage is 3.50 GB (including all other apps) and I have 1.68 GB free.

It's fine with me because I only care to use the internal storage for apps. I stream anything else I want with Wifi or tether. My phone is my music player and has all the storage for that (16 GB internal plus 32 GB external). Then there's always USB OTG.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

dotism

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
On my Nexus 7 I currently have installed Dead Trigger, Shadow Gun THD, Modern Combat 3, GTA III, Angry Birds: Space, Draw Something, Reckless Getaway, and Glowball. My total app usage is 3.50 GB (including all other apps) and I have 1.68 GB free.

It's fine with me because I only care to use the internal storage for apps. I stream anything else I want with Wifi or tether. My phone is my music player and has all the storage for that (16 GB internal plus 32 GB external). Then there's always USB OTG.

This is a fantastic post. I keep all my (fsck censorship) in the cloud *shudder* with music coming from Play, docs in Dropbox, and actively searching server-based options if they exist for specific needs.

The 6 gigs of storage an 8 gig N7 comes with is worthy of a full gaming platform methinks.

But I'm drunk and listening to Del, so what the hell do I know.

Play Music is kinda incredible.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital