Getting your replacement Nexus 7...

pdhahn

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I received my replacement Nexus 7 today and I am happy to say that it seems to be in near perfect condition. Slight light bleed in the lower left hand corner, but I'm not too worried about it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

alkthree87

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
Google sent me through the other process where they didn't have me order the replacement. I had to send the old one back first. I was told my claim was marked "priority" and I would receive an email when the new one would ship. The old one arrived at the facility last Friday.

uM-elo

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
When I first spoke to the Google rep on the phone it seemed like I had everything set up for my replacement, never got the emails (well I actually got 4 copies of the same email that had the link but said it had the RMA but didn't). 3 calls and 2 emails later I finally got the UPS label and RMA.

I'm very nervous because I'm returning for just the glass separation and I hope I don't get an even worser defective unit. Although I got to risk it because I'd love a perfect unit lol :D

credo

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Ordering the replacement & RMA label was quick and easy through the Play Store. It is streamlined and fool proof. It seems like calling the CS reps is getting everyone different results.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

alkthree87

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
After another three calls, I was finally given the link to order my replacement, days after Google received my old one. Very frustrating. Not pleased at all with CS at this point. It won't really matter if I get a perfect tablet. Fingers crossed.

Dezolis

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Last edited:

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Just sent my third one back after two hellish weeks arranging for an exchange due to the same spongy screen defect (screws already tight). This one isn't an exchange...it's a straight up return. Washing my hands of the 7.

tradlad

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I got a replacement due to the screen separation issue and the new one is MUCH WORSE! I might return both now and buy something better. :|

alkthree87

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
Got my replacement today. The left side of the screen is still raised, but not as much as the original. So far, no dead pixels, which was my main reason to get a new one.

masterxchief

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I got replacement for the 2 16gbs I have. One with a screen sep and one with what I thought was a washed out screen. Both new units have the same looking screen as the one I felt was washed out.

Just wanted to get clarification regarding the washed out screen, is it like super washed out like you cant even read or see anything clearly on it or is it just that things look like they had the color sucked out of them?

dk21

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I've given up! I've had it with Asus products. My tablet venture started with their Transformer Pad 300. I went through three. All had dead pixels, foreign objects under the screen, slow performance (would hang excessively), etc. I waited out the Nexus 7. Loved everything about it except for the glass separation issue. I almost talked myself into keeping it but decided that having glass under a lot of stress by being bent in the opposite direction that it will constantly be pressed was a bad idea so I exchanged it. The replacement arrived with the same problem, only a lot worse. I called the Play Store for another replacement. A few days went by with no word, so I called again and was assured that everything was all set and would be on its way within a few days. One week from my original call, still nothing. I called again and apparently my exchange was never processed. I told them to forget about it and that I wanted to return it. So, last ditch effort, I tried the Transformer Pad Infinity. Got it yesterday. Dead pixels, sound randomly stops working, requiring a reboot to get it back, very poor performance. I couldn't watch videos (too choppy), play games (too choppy), or browse the web (made it unresponsive).

Sadly, ASUS appears to be the Android tablet leader. There aren't many choices for a Tegra 3 powered tablet to begin with. I suppose I'll wait and see what happens...

lochmox

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Got my replacement yesterday. My replacement nexus 7 has louder speaker, better wifi connectivity, and no screen separation issue.

What I had to go through to get my replacement was really troublesome though. Google generated link for replacement and UPS label and the google wallet checkout didn't work for me at all. I had to call them, explain them my situation, etc etc.

lincmii

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried the replacement with Asus directly? I called Google and they said that I'm no longer within the 15 day replacement policy ...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt