Nexus 7 Streaming from a phone

Eloween

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I ve tried this ..phone tethering mode
App File expert on the phone
App Es file explorer on the nexus 7

I am able to download movie from phone to the nexus 7 while tethering...but for now I didn't find a way to stream

Creepingdeath

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I've done this using only the File Expert app on both my phone and the N7. File Expert has the ability to share via several methods. FTP over my home wireless network seemed to work best for me. Bluetooth worked but would hang sometimes. A friend used FTP over the internet (phone on 3G N7 on wireless) and it worked too.

I use File Expert as my file browser on the N7 as well. Just navigate to a folder and you can copy, paste, or delele.

rubrnek

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I have got to work using twonky mobile (not twonky beam) installed on my lg thrill and nexus 7. It only works when connected to the same wifi network though. I tried it when tethered but the nexus 7 doesnt show as a destination.

If on the same wifi, just set the device as a player in the twonky settings and it will show up as a destination. Select the video to stream in twonky and it will play on the nexus 7.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

rubrnek

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Update. I just did it!

I turned on tethering and connected my nexus to the phone.

I then started twonky mobile on the phone.

After the server has started I started twonky mobile on my nexus 7.

On the nexus 7 in twonky mobile I set my phones server as the library.

I browsed, picked a video, clicked it and it played just like a wi-drive!

Now I assume im not using my data plan because its just "local" right?

Still have to do some testing with longer videos and such...

Reactions: F34R

rubrnek

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Update. I have been laying around with it a little bit and have got to work a little better.

On you phone install twonkyserver mobile.
On your nexus 7 install aVia media player

Connect to your phones hotspot with the nexus 7
Start twonky on your phone and set up your library

Start aVia on you nexus 7 and select twonkymobile as the source (this app works much better than using twonky for playback)

You can stream video, view photos and stream music from your phone to your nexus 7

ask99999999

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Hi, rubrnek

I tried the twonkyserver mobile on my razr m and it worked well over my home network to stream content to my HTC inspire using skifta and my wife's ipad 2 using airplay, but I have trouble getting it to work over my Verizon wifi tethering app. It seems that it requires an external wifi connection to do this. How did you get around it?

rubrnek

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
It's been a awhile since I've tried it but if I remember correctly when tethered twonky pops up and asks if you want to turn on wifi, just say no and twonky will start as normal.

I successfully did this away from my home wifi so I'm 100 percent sure it works over my at&t tethering.

Hope you get it working.

ask99999999

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply. That's exactly what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to accomplish what and Wi-dirve would do away from a home or work wifi network. I have a decent size sd card (32G) on my razr m and I would like to allow content streaming to a nexus 7 which has very limited internal storage. When I configured the twonky mobile, I did ignore the wifi prompt as you suggested and get the server started, but when I tried to connect to the server after I connected to the wifi tethering, I wasn't able to play the content. I'm wondering if it has to do with the wifi tethering app that I'm using or the version of the twonkyserver. I'll try it with a different tethering app and see if it helps.

My method is for when you are away from a wifi network. I just tried it again and it does still work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21