Interesting article about the Nexus 7's screen relating to color

kenyee

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: Interesting article about the Nexus 7's screen relating to co

That has been a big question for me. Is my Nexus 7 malfunctional or is what I'm seeing normal,

display test shows same w/ mine...that's why I said the last 10 values of the black and white display test are both crushed (look the same).

It's just bad calibration...whenever the Android OS supports color calibrary (and if the Tegra3 hardware supports LUTs), it'll be fixed...

Mco119

May 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Interesting article about the Nexus 7's screen relating to co

It's just bad calibration...whenever the Android OS supports color calibrary (and if the Tegra3 hardware supports LUTs), it'll be fixed...

It seems to me that nobody really has an idea whether the display can be "fixed" or not..and I for one don't have the technical know-how to offer an opinon either way. I suppose what I would ask you more tech-savvy people is this: how likely do you folks think it is that this is an issue that can be corrected with a software update, costume kernel, etc? Or does it seem more likely that this is something we are going to be stuck with.

Overall, I am very happy with my N7..but I really am starting to wish for a little improvment in screen color.

Defconrock

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Yea when I put this next to my Galaxy Nexus and look at the same content it's not even close. This is one of the worst screens that I've owned unfortunately. I trusted all of the reviews that talked about an HD screen when I should have checked it out for myself. Very disappointing.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I find AMOLED screens to be very much over saturated and not color accurate.

IPS screens are much more color accurate but less intense.

My preference is for the better color accuracy of my Asus Nexus 7 IPS screen.

Sent from my Asus Nexus 7 tablet.

ShaneRay

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I can't speak for every N7 out there as I've, obviously, only used mine. But, my display is as perfect as I'd expect.

I'm a photographer with a properly calibrated PC display and my photos look near identical on the N7.

Most "defaults" for screens in the consumer world are overly saturated, bright, and vibrant. So, people have naturally come to expect that to be correct. And that's fine: I'm not going to tell someone that what they enjoy viewing is wrong. But, as a guy who is concerned (and picky) about how his photos are displayed and proper colour reproduction etc, I have no complaints with my N7's performance. None at all. :)

joora

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I've recieved my nexus 7 today and I can confirm lower green and yellow saturation. Also some clipped highlights. Compared it to Nook color and my calibrated NEC IPS monitor.

The problem isn't evident and most likely won't bother 99% of users (It's not even bothering me), I've noticed it just because I've a trained eye for display innacuracies (since print/screen colour management is part of my expertise)

odd1ne

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Looks good enough to me carnt really notice a difference unless I really look for it and I'm that case its nothing to bad. Google could of released a premium nexus I suppose but I'm happy you are getting this device so cheap they have to save costs somewhere...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Younjulius

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Compared to my iPad, nexus 7 screen leaves a lot to desire. Yeh, it's cheaper so I'm OK with it. Just expect what you have paid for.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney