Flash How To: Read this before posting a new thread about Flash.

EnDroidable

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Flash How To: Read this before posting a new thread about Fla

This is great I just used this and went to kongregate to see if flash would work for games and it works like a charm.

sanford#AC

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site

xScope browser worked fine. If you are first time, it actually prompts for installing automatically. Click OK and find the download link and download.
flashInstaller.png

Profilerz

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site

This worked great..! For some reason (whether user error or do error) I couldn't get this to run with firefox or dolphin.. Got it to work first try with xscope :)

extreme98

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site

Hi,
I am new to Nexus 7 and this forum. Is the flash you mentioned here the SD card or flash drive through mini USB port? If yes, what is the difference between your way and the way of using stickmount?

Thanks.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I am new to Nexus 7 and this forum. Is the flash you mentioned here the SD card or flash drive through mini USB port? If yes, what is the difference between your way and the way of using stickmount?

Thanks.

If you download it from your Nexus 7 browser, it will appear in your downloads folder. That's on your built in storage.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Shadowlion137

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site

Thank you so much, clear instruction, I even bought Xscope Pro for .99 cents with my $25 google play credit because of your tutorial

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
So there are already like 5 threads about Flash "not working" with Jelly Bean. Flash will work just fine on your device if you follow these easy, noob friendly steps.

UPDATED: Everything fully tested. I have modified the instructions to provide slightly better options.

1. Download Astro File Manager from Google Play.

2. Download the Xscope Browser from the Play Store (can play HD Flash) or Firefox Beta from the Play Store (does not play HD Flash)

3. Download the latest Adobe Flash here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1763805

4. Open Astro, click on browse and go to your downloads. Click on the Flash APK to install it.

5. If you used Xscope, go to settings, scroll to the Web Page section and tick the box that says "Auto load flash". If you used Firefox, go to settings in Firefox, and then plugins and tick the box that says enable.

6. You're good to go. Enjoy, and spread the word that flash works just fine!

ULTIMATE BEST METHOD FOR ROOTED USERS:

Follow the instructions here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1780746 to install the standard android browser from the Galaxy Nexus on your device. Works great.

Thank you so much for this. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Reactions: dajack761

ravenas

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

One extra little tip I found when using Firefox Beta (aka Aurora) and Amazon Instant Video. Make sure you switch your view to "Desktop Site". That allowed me to activate Flash and get the video to play. Mobile Site is activated by default.

seriyb

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site

Is there a way to make this work on Chrome browser?
I moved the flash apk to system/app folder, changed the permissions and rebooted.
I see FlashSettings in my app drawer but it opens up a blank browser. CNET videos still don't play.
Don't want to use fire fox
Thanks

gimpy_hb

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site

This worked, but I've found if you want to watch full screen on xscope you need to make the video full screen before playing. Thanks for this I don't want to root my nexus yet still enjoying vanilla.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to make this work on Chrome browser?
I moved the flash apk to system/app folder, changed the permissions and rebooted.
I see FlashSettings in my app drawer but it opens up a blank browser. CNET videos still don't play.
Don't want to use fire fox
Thanks

No.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
This worked, but I've found if you want to watch full screen on xscope you need to make the video full screen before playing. Thanks for this I don't want to root my nexus yet still enjoying vanilla.

That's odd I can switch to fullscreen whenever.

vishalmistry

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

Hi, I'm new to this forum and to android,

Flash works great on my Nexus 7. only just tested on BBC iplayer with xscope. The instructions were easy to follow so thanks for that..:)

bjadams44

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site

I got the Xscope Pro too but judging from just limited use it is very buggy. It freezes, crashes and sometimes wont let me enter text. I now use it only for the flash.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34