Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Default Re: Flash How To: Read this before posting a new thread about Fla

Thnaks very much - brilliant, followed instructions & it worked first time

Ok I'm confused.

The other day I posted about my issues on the site blip.tv. Today I was watching this Nostalgia Critic: The Wiz (with Todd in the Shadows) | Nostalgia Critic on Blip and it played. In Chrome. Granted I couldn't maximize (full screen), pause, or control the video position (which is a HUGE pet peeve of mine) but it played. It won't however play on my phone (Razr Maxx) version of Chrome.

As far as I can tell, the whole site is flash. But I just don't know

As I said before, In order to get the pause,position control, and full screen ability I've only been able to make Dolphin in iPhone mode work.

Can anyone explain this? This has been incredibly frustrating, but I'd found a "solution" but now I'm super confused

Ok, can anyone please explain why i cannot install flash in the first place please?
    i have bought this up a couple of times with no answer that i am aware of, i have downloaded various flash apk's and every time i try to install i get the message that this application was not installed, i really cannot understand this as every apk i have side loaded has been fine, and apart from this issue the N7 has been perfect in every way, cannot understand why i am having this issue getting the apk to install when no one else seems to have had the issue?
    Would love it if one of you more knowledgable people could throw me a bone here?

ta muchly
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #54  

Quote Originally Posted by rickandroid View Post
    Ok, can anyone please explain why i cannot install flash in the first place please?
    i have bought this up a couple of times with no answer that i am aware of, i have downloaded various flash apk's and every time i try to install i get the message that this application was not installed, i really cannot understand this as every apk i have side loaded has been fine, and apart from this issue the N7 has been perfect in every way, cannot understand why i am having this issue getting the apk to install when no one else seems to have had the issue?
    Would love it if one of you more knowledgable people could throw me a bone here?

ta muchly
    Did you use the one linked in the first post of this thread?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Thanks for this, worked first time no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by sparky371 View Post
    thank you for that extra bit of info- works a treat now

now to work out the cam....lol
    Try Camera Launcher for Nexus 7 on the Play Store. I loaded it but haven't tried taking any pictures yet. I guess to see what you are aimed at you would have to aim it over your shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by crackberrytraitor View Post
    Did you use the one linked in the first post of this thread?

Hi, yes that one and many others
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #58  

Quote Originally Posted by rickandroid View Post
    Hi, yes that one and many others
    That's odd. I just did a factory reset on my spare N7 and installed Flash on it from the provided link and it works fine. Something software wise is not right on your N7. If Flash is very important to you, a factory reset may be in order.

ROM
    Stock JellyBean

Have you guys tired the Adobe Air? It should give flash capabilities to browsers and flash based apps. I am not sure if it will give Chrome flash capabilities but maybe FireFox.
    I have a Galaxy Nexus Phone and it brought the Flash back to the default browser in JB.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...dobe.air&hl=en

Absolutely amazing....crashes every now and again but the effort is much appreciated.... Will buy a drink if we ever meet
    Thanked by:
    belimi9175 likes this.

Xscope pro just takes you through installing flash, so you don't need to do it manually. The flash seems a bit buggy, but mostly works. Thanks for the tip, now I can watch the iPlayer! Why do Google make this simple issue so difficult?

Hi, I've done all the 5 steps as listed but i cant open sites like Frontrow sports etc. Where am I going wrong?
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #63  

Quote Originally Posted by allyg77 View Post
    Hi, I've done all the 5 steps as listed but i cant open sites like Frontrow sports etc. Where am I going wrong?
    Try going to YouTube. Does Flash work there? That way we can see if flash is not working at all, or just of with your pirate media site. And did you use xscope or Firefox beta?

14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #64  

Quote Originally Posted by johnwccres View Post
    Xscope pro just takes you through installing flash, so you don't need to do it manually. The flash seems a bit buggy, but mostly works. Thanks for the tip, now I can watch the iPlayer! Why do Google make this simple issue so difficult?
    The flash version that xscope auto installs is buggy.

Thanks!

I must be doing something wrong. Here are my problems using Flash on Xscope Browser:

- First, Xscope crashes a lot and I have to re-start it.

- Second, Takes a long time for video to start. For example on cnn.com, I click on a video and it takes about five minutes for it to finally load and play.

- Third, After I get a video going, I can't see the right half of the video's display screen in portrait mode. In landscape, the video's display screen shrinks and I cannot pinch it wider to see more of it.

- Fourth, See number one.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #67  

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler5 View Post
    I must be doing something wrong. Here are my problems using Flash on Xscope Browser:

- First, Xscope crashes a lot and I have to re-start it.

- Second, Takes a long time for video to start. For example on cnn.com, I click on a video and it takes about five minutes for it to finally load and play.

- Third, After I get a video going, I can't see the right half of the video's display screen in portrait mode. In landscape, the video's display screen shrinks and I cannot pinch it wider to see more of it.

- Fourth, See number one.
    I don't have any idea why that would be. Those issues have occurred with a few other users as well.

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Works as described. Thanks!!
    But I'll definitely be sticking to Chrome for regular browsing. It just seems to run smoother right now

Does anyone know if side loading Flash like this will allow non-internet browser apps that use Flash to work? I've been using the DramaFever app to get my K Drama fix on my SGSII that already has Flash, but would love to watch it on my Nexus 7.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #70  

Quote Originally Posted by dextorboot View Post
    Does anyone know if side loading Flash like this will allow non-internet browser apps that use Flash to work? I've been using the DramaFever app to get my K Drama fix on my SGSII that already has Flash, but would love to watch it on my Nexus 7.
    Yes.

21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #71  

Yes.

Not sure what went wrong then because it didn't work for me.

23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #73  

Not sure what went wrong then because it didn't work for me.

Try from the beginning, it does work.

I did. This was my first attempt. Not rooted. Followed directions to the letter.

25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #75  

I did. This was my first attempt. Not rooted. Followed directions to the letter.

Did you use xscope or Firefox?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast