Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Default Re: Flash How To: Read this before posting a new thread about Fla

Thanks so much! Real YouTube on nexus7

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

Default Re: Flash How To: Read this before posting a new thread about Flash.

BULLSH*T... nexus 7 cant view dramafever in browser or in dramafever app... anyone who CAN do this please prove...

Didn't work for me with Firefox Beta. I tried to open the crossword puzzles at the Washington Post. Well, I'll live without it.

what tutorial are you referring to. Where can I find it?

I just got my N7 yesterday and I tried literally everything to install Flash. used the instructions in this topic and also this one:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...n-try-fix.html
    Both do not work for me. I've enabled the plugins in Firefox Beta and still no flash. Help!

Just recieved my nexus 7 today, do i just download the APK file on the nexus 7 then install it via xscope and does the APK file in the first page work for 4.2 + 4.2.1 as it states 4.1. Just making sure dont want to damage it, many thanks.

you have to install the apk through the file manager. Flash didn't work for me at all under 4.2. I've done the update today to 4.2.1 and now it's all good. Give it a go. You won't damage it.

I am too stoopid to do this. Is there anyway someone could break it down further for us stoopids??? I have tried several times and get the wrong version of Flash because it updates past the one I am supposed to get. Also downloaded Firefox. Do I have to use Firefox to go to amazon.com for this procedure to work?
    Wish I were smarter about technology. Thought I downloaded Firefox but cannot see it on my screen showing apps. What do I do to use Firefox to go to amazon to get videos to play? I am so stoopid. This has taken me hours and I think further impaired by intelligence and patience waning.
    liquidnails likes this.

"If you used Xscope, go to settings, scroll to the Web Page section and tick the box that says "Auto load flash"."
    WHAT DOES THAT MEAN??? Do you go to settings on your app page and choose xscope. I cannot find any web page section or any box that says auto load flash. I can now play videos on Amazon prime but they are limited to about 40 percent of the size of the N7 screen and the full screen button does not respond.

New to the android scene and after a 30mins of owning my Nexus 7 i did this using Firefox, extremely easy many thanks. (although i will say alot of stuff "crashes" on Firefox when using flash)

lolapearl, download Firefox beta directly from Google Play Store not amazon. You will then see it in your apps.
    When it comes to Xscope, you have to hit the button in the top right corner and then choose settings. once you do that just look for Auto Load Flash in all the options there.

I think I did this right (thanksCrack!)....through Firefox, but not sure.....someone give me a website so I can check please.

And a question, if Youtube is already loaded on the N7 why do we have to have flash installed, isn't Youtube a flash site??

Just got my N7 last week (end of November). Updated to JB 4.2.1 a few days later.
    This is what finally worked for me. I used the full Firefox browser from the play store. If you already have Firefox installed, uninstall it first.
    1. Download flashplayer 11.1.115.12 apk (the 4.0.x 11.1.115.17 release did not work)
    2. Sideload the apk from your favorite file explorer app (I use ES File Explorer). If you downloaded the apk using a browser on your nexus 7 then you will find it in the download folder.
    3. Install Firefox (not the beta)
    4. Start the flashplayer app, choose to open with Firefox
    5. Select local storage option and choose " only the sites I visit." (If you get only a blank page at this step then quit Firefox and try step 4 again.)
    6. In the Firefox settings menu select plugins and then enable.
    7. Navigate to a site with flash to test it out
    8. ?
    9. Profit

@cherrypita the dramafever site doesn't work because it is a hulu site and hulu blocks access to video content from mobile devices so they can charge you for hulu plus. Hulu can detect your device even if you use the phony add on on Firefox.
    Thanked by 2:
    timothyh likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by repligation View Post
    @cherrypita the dramafever site doesn't work because it is a hulu site and hulu blocks access to video content from mobile devices so they can charge you for hulu plus. Hulu can detect your device even if you use the phony add on on Firefox.
    Yes, but the app should still work and it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by dextorboot View Post
    Yes, but the app should still work and it doesn't.
    I think you'll find from reading the reviews that the Hulu Plus flash based apps have spotty performance.

From the dramafever description "Please Note: Adobe Flash Player required. We are working on a new video player for JellyBean (Android OS 4.1) devices."
    They have to fix their own code.

Having said that, I have not tried the method above with a flash based app so I am not sure if an older version of flashplayer will work.

flash works great with Firefox beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi M View Post
    flash works great with Firefox beta.
    I use firefox beta, is there much difference between that and normal firefox?

Global Posts
    416 Global Posts
    ROM
    it changes so much

Nice guide, works awesome. I think Google discontinuing flash natively on the new versions of android is Google's way of trying to sway the internet away from flash even faster

tea candles are the duct tape of candles
    beamed from the mothership...
    but its only a proxy for my
    lubuntu 12.04

Thanks repligation. Works great---saved me a lot of time.

Thank you so much, these instructions were so easy to follow (I am not very savvy with computer stuff and I am very new to the android network) Now my son can play his online games on the Nexus 7 we bought him for Christmas :-)

sorry to sound dense but i can't find the web page in settings in xscope. could you help? I have a nexus 7. also, do i have to change anything in the adva ced settings where it says "need change UA to access some website". currently it has phone checked. thank you

ROM
    .246 ICS

Quote Originally Posted by repligation View Post
    Just got my N7 last week (end of November). Updated to JB 4.2.1 a few days later.
    This is what finally worked for me. I used the full Firefox browser from the play store. If you already have Firefox installed, uninstall it first.
    1. Download flashplayer 11.1.115.12 apk (the 4.0.x 11.1.115.17 release did not work)
    2. Sideload the apk from your favorite file explorer app (I use ES File Explorer). If you downloaded the apk using a browser on your nexus 7 then you will find it in the download folder.
    3. Install Firefox (not the beta)
    4. Start the flashplayer app, choose to open with Firefox
    5. Select local storage option and choose " only the sites I visit." (If you get only a blank page at this step then quit Firefox and try step 4 again.)
    6. In the Firefox settings menu select plugins and then enable.
    7. Navigate to a site with flash to test it out
    8. ?
    9. Profit

I think 11.1.115.12 is linked in this thread but just in case..

Archived version of the Android flash player apk can be downloaded directly from Adobe's website:

scroll down to where is says "Flash Player for Android 4.0 archives"

On my new Nexus 7 32GB running 4.2.1, I used Firefox Beta and 11.1.115.12.. I didn't try the newer flash versions. Remember to Reboot.

If anyone is successful with 11.1.115.34, please post here..

Unfortunately, Dolphin Beta won't support Flash (it does on my Bionic with ICS) but Firefox will do...
    Last edited by DroidST; 12-28-2012 at 04:54 PM.
    http://www.speedtest.net/android/82639714.png
    Thanked by 2:

ROM
    .246 ICS

I went a head and uninstalled 11.1.115.12 and installed 11.1.115.34 (then rebooted) on my Nexus 7 32GB, working fine with Firefox Beta
    http://www.speedtest.net/android/82639714.png

Hi all. I'm having the same problem as camperbc further up the thread when it comes to step #5. No matter what I do, no matter which version I try to install, the "Install" button doesn't work, although the "Cancel" button works fine. Yes, I changed the settings in security, and yes, I've tried it through other file managers as well. I tried downloading MediaMonkey just after I got the tablet, never could get that to work either, and noticed that was sitting in my downloads. So I gave that a try too, and guess what, the "Install" button doesn't work for that either. Does anyone have a clue what is going on here?

Hi, I used your instructions to install flash, they worked great. Thank you. But I am currently at another road block. I play Jigsaw World on Facebook, (desktop view) now that I have flash the page will now appear to load properly, but then stops and is completely black. Any thoughts on why? Thanks in advance!
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast