Flash How To: Read this before posting a new thread about Flash.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
is there a free version of xscope? all i see is xscope pro and i'm not sure if it will work very well on my newly purchased n7. i play some facebook flash games, but they come out poorly pixelated. i'm wondering if i buy the xscope pro version if that will clean up the game or look as good as if i were playing on a computer. anyone else play facebook flash games using xscope pro?

There was when I made this thread, but not anymore. Firefox is pixelated xscope is not.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

Reactions: nobodyisherenow

nobodyisherenow

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: Flash How To: Read this before posting a new thread about Fla

just pulled the trigger on buying xscope pro. it definitely plays facebook games clearer than firefox's pixelated fix. thanks for the info crackberrytraitor!

taojones

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site

Works well downloaded firefox beta then flash followed the instructions. Now I can watch ABC iview in OZ on my nexus 7 .... thanks tao,

wheel12

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I followed the instructions in order to view the e-edition of our local newspaper and it works... almost. I can view paper but the text isn't clear, I can't read the words. Any ideas how to clear this up?

chuckr01

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
So there are already like 5 threads about Flash "not working" with Jelly Bean. Flash will work just fine on your device if you follow these easy, noob friendly steps.

UPDATED: Everything fully tested. I have modified the instructions to provide slightly better options.

1. Download Astro File Manager from Google Play.

2. Download the Xscope Browser from the Play Store (can play HD Flash) or Firefox Beta from the Play Store (does not play HD Flash)

3. Download the latest Adobe Flash here: Adobe Flash - 4.1 Jelly Bean - xda-developers.

4. Go to Settings, then to security and tick unknown sources box. This allows you to install apps not directly downloaded from Google Play, so you can load Flash.

5. Open Astro, click on browse and go to your downloads. Click on the Flash APK to install it.

6. If you used Xscope, go to settings, scroll to the Web Page section and tick the box that says "Auto load flash". If you used Firefox, go to settings in Firefox, and then plugins and tick the box that says enable.

You're good to go! Enjoy, and spread the word that flash works just fine!

ULTIMATE BEST METHOD FOR ROOTED USERS:

Follow the instructions here: How to install AOSP Browser on the N7 [w/o flashing] - xda-developers to install the standard android browser from the Galaxy Nexus on your device. Works great.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

As I said in an earlier post shortly after getting my Nexus 7, this is good, clear guidance on what to do. Thank you.

I tried Foxfire, and Xscope, both worked. I thought Foxfire was a bit weird, not thrilled with the UI. Xscope was easier to deal with for me and it worked with Flash, but it frequently froze up. I have the free version so that might be the problem. I think I saw an update (possibly from you) that said the free version was no longer available, but I haven't looked. I just recently saw a post that mentioned Boat browser and am now trying it. So far it seems pretty easy to deal with and it works with Flash as well (you have to dig around in settings to enable the plugin, can't remember exactly where I found the option). I haven't used it enough to say that it won't freeze up and have not tried any serious videos either but it seems like a potential option.

There are reviews here, sorry if they aren't links, I haven't quite figured out how to work this reply thing :)

http://www.redmondpie.com/boat-brow...oks-like-mobile-safari-and-works-like-chrome/

http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/boat-browser-chrome-mobile-safari-inspired-browser-for-android/

Last edited:

whereitis

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

Great step-by-step except for one thing: When I try to download Astro File Manager, I get a message that says: "We are unable to verify your account at this time. Please try again in a few minutes." I get this message with at least half the apps I try to download. Other apps download and run just fine. I can access and use my gmail account just fine for email, so I presume my account isnt really "unverified." So what do I do now? The Nexus 7 seems to have bugs not seen in any other tablets I've ever used.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Great step-by-step except for one thing: When I try to download Astro File Manager, I get a message that says: "We are unable to verify your account at this time. Please try again in a few minutes." I get this message with at least half the apps I try to download. Other apps download and run just fine. I can access and use my gmail account just fine for email, so I presume my account isnt really "unverified." So what do I do now? The Nexus 7 seems to have bugs not seen in any other tablets I've ever used.

Something wrong with your Google play login. Log out and log back in. If that doesn't work, uninstall Google play and then reinstall it. If THAT doesn't work you'll need to perform a factory reset.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

slyd0997

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
With xscope browser pro I was able to enable flash (auto) but don't see how to enable plug ins.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

nasair

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to get Hulu.com to play videos? I've tried these fixes, and several Android browsers, and a few other suggestions.
The basic problem is, if I can get Hulu to load (depending on browser), once Hulu loads and I click a video it says I need to download and install a newer version of Flash. I know Adobe isn't making new Flash versions for Android, so is this something not possible until projects like Ubuntu/Android?
Sorry if this is in the wrong place but it seemed to make sense to me in the middle of the night :)
Thank you, NAS

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to get Hulu.com to play videos? I've tried these fixes, and several Android browsers, and a few other suggestions.
The basic problem is, if I can get Hulu to load (depending on browser), once Hulu loads and I click a video it says I need to download and install a newer version of Flash. I know Adobe isn't making new Flash versions for Android, so is this something not possible until projects like Ubuntu/Android?
Sorry if this is in the wrong place but it seemed to make sense to me in the middle of the night :)
Thank you, NAS

Hulu isn't licensed for mobile. Even after I got flash working with it, it said not available for mobile devices.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
So had Nexus 7 since launch and still have never been able to get Flash to load in Firefox beta or Xscope do I need to do factory data reset or device? I just get both to close and give prompt I can restart or close the program because they have crashed when I try to enable Flash.

slyd0997

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
So had Nexus 7 since launch and still have never been able to get Flash to load in Firefox beta or Xscope do I need to do factory data reset or device? I just get both to close and give prompt I can restart or close the program because they have crashed when I try to enable Flash.

Same here.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

camperbc

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Major problems here and I'm ready to scream bloody murder! I have spent my entire day trying everything to get flash installed on my Nexus 7. I've tried it with both Xscope and Firefox Beta, to no avail. Yes, I followed the instructions (at the start of this thread) perfectly. Yet every time I go to tap on the "install" button when the Adobe Flash Player sign comes up, nothing happens... as in the "install" button is completely inactive. (the "cancel" button beside it works just fine)

When I go into Xscope and check "enable flash", all I get is the flash download beginning all over again. Same with when I use "toggle". And round and round she goes, like a broken record! Can anyone here explain why the "install" button does nothing at all? I've tried everything; using Astro File manager gives the exact same results. I've tried rebooting. I really, really don't want to have to start all over again with a full reset, so is there anything you can suggest that will possibly allow me to keep my sanity?

I appreciate any and all comments/suggestions you may be able to provide to this frustrated soul.

Thank-you so much!
Glen

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta