Flash How To: Read this before posting a new thread about Flash.

johnwccres

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: Flash How To: Read this before posting a new thread about Fla

Xscope pro just takes you through installing flash, so you don't need to do it manually. The flash seems a bit buggy, but mostly works. Thanks for the tip, now I can watch the iPlayer! Why do Google make this simple issue so difficult?

allyg77

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site

Hi, I've done all the 5 steps as listed but i cant open sites like Frontrow sports etc. Where am I going wrong?

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I've done all the 5 steps as listed but i cant open sites like Frontrow sports etc. Where am I going wrong?

Try going to YouTube. Does Flash work there? That way we can see if flash is not working at all, or just of with your pirate media site. And did you use xscope or Firefox beta?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Xscope pro just takes you through installing flash, so you don't need to do it manually. The flash seems a bit buggy, but mostly works. Thanks for the tip, now I can watch the iPlayer! Why do Google make this simple issue so difficult?

The flash version that xscope auto installs is buggy.

Traveler5

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site

I must be doing something wrong. Here are my problems using Flash on Xscope Browser:

- First, Xscope crashes a lot and I have to re-start it.

- Second, Takes a long time for video to start. For example on cnn.com, I click on a video and it takes about five minutes for it to finally load and play.

- Third, After I get a video going, I can't see the right half of the video's display screen in portrait mode. In landscape, the video's display screen shrinks and I cannot pinch it wider to see more of it.

- Fourth, See number one.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I must be doing something wrong. Here are my problems using Flash on Xscope Browser:

- First, Xscope crashes a lot and I have to re-start it.

- Second, Takes a long time for video to start. For example on cnn.com, I click on a video and it takes about five minutes for it to finally load and play.

- Third, After I get a video going, I can't see the right half of the video's display screen in portrait mode. In landscape, the video's display screen shrinks and I cannot pinch it wider to see more of it.

- Fourth, See number one.

I don't have any idea why that would be. Those issues have occurred with a few other users as well.

jrherring

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site

Works as described. Thanks!!
But I'll definitely be sticking to Chrome for regular browsing. It just seems to run smoother right now

dextorboot

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site

Does anyone know if side loading Flash like this will allow non-internet browser apps that use Flash to work? I've been using the DramaFever app to get my K Drama fix on my SGSII that already has Flash, but would love to watch it on my Nexus 7.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if side loading Flash like this will allow non-internet browser apps that use Flash to work? I've been using the DramaFever app to get my K Drama fix on my SGSII that already has Flash, but would love to watch it on my Nexus 7.

Yes.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site

Yes.

dextorboot

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I did. This was my first attempt. Not rooted. Followed directions to the letter.

dorset190

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site

Flash worked great but on every reboot had to install flash again, found a fix by going to Titanium backup,Flash and convert to user app,this may help someone else.

dextorboot

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok. So i did it again, using firefox again, and it works for firefox only. It's still not working for DramaFever. Just get a spinning circle like its loading or buffering but nothing happens. Anyone know of another free app i can try that uses flash so i can rule out that its a flash issue not an app issue?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

reese429

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site

Finally got Flash to work well. I'm stoked. Now I can watch my Amazon Prime movies. Thank you!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae