Flash How To: Read this before posting a new thread about Flash.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
So there are already like 5 threads about Flash "not working" with Jelly Bean. Flash will work just fine on your device if you follow these easy, noob friendly steps.

UPDATED: Everything fully tested. I have modified the instructions to provide slightly better options.

1. Download Astro File Manager from Google Play.

2. Download the Xscope Browser from the Play Store (can play HD Flash) or Firefox Beta from the Play Store (does not play HD Flash)

3. Download the latest Adobe Flash here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1763805.

4. Go to Settings, then to security and tick unknown sources box. This allows you to install apps not directly downloaded from Google Play, so you can load Flash.

5. Open Astro, click on browse and go to your downloads. Click on the Flash APK to install it.

6. If you used Xscope, go to settings, scroll to the Web Page section and tick the box that says "Auto load flash". If you used Firefox, go to settings in Firefox, and then plugins and tick the box that says enable.

You're good to go! Enjoy, and spread the word that flash works just fine!

ULTIMATE BEST METHOD FOR ROOTED USERS:

Follow the instructions here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1780746 to install the standard android browser from the Galaxy Nexus on your device. Works great.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

nexus89

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Re: Flash How To: Read this before posting a new thread about Fla

Wow this is the easiest step by step I've read might have to try it

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site

After doing this Firefox version does nothing but crashed when I try to open the "Settings" menu within the app? Any ideas on how to get around this so I can actually set up the browser?

Ravynmagi

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site

Firefox sucks. Dolphin HD much better browser.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Just remember Dolphin 8.6 killed Flash support. You'll need to grab version 8.5.1. And so far I've had no luck getting it to run any Flash content even with Flash side loaded. So far only Firefox has worked for me.

Ravynmagi

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site

Tried this method out, but for me was a step backwards.

My Flash test is playing the Android Central podcast and then trying to play it in full screen mode (and it's the latter that has been impossible for me so far).

I followed the steps to the letter. But when I tap the video to play, I can't seem to be able to use any of the controls in the video, such as the quality button or full screen button. Nothing happens. The video does play, but it stays at it's lowest resolution and doesn't look good.

I removed the Nightly Firefox and installed Firefox Beta back on (this seems to work the best for me so far). And now I'm again able to use the buttons in a YouTube video to control quality, though it still crashes if I click the full screen video.

So the best I can do at the moment, with Firefox Beta, is increase the quality and if I double tap the video it mostly fills the screen while still staying in the browser window. I guess this is about as good as it's getting for me. :)

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Tried this method out, but for me was a step backwards.

My Flash test is playing the Android Central podcast and then trying to play it in full screen mode (and it's the latter that has been impossible for me so far).

I followed the steps to the letter. But when I tap the video to play, I can't seem to be able to use any of the controls in the video, such as the quality button or full screen button. Nothing happens. The video does play, but it stays at it's lowest resolution and doesn't look good.

I removed the Nightly Firefox and installed Firefox Beta back on (this seems to work the best for me so far). And now I'm again able to use the buttons in a YouTube video to control quality, though it still crashes if I click the full screen video.

So the best I can do at the moment, with Firefox Beta, is increase the quality and if I double tap the video it mostly fills the screen while still staying in the browser window. I guess this is about as good as it's getting for me. :)

That's odd, it worked great for me. I'm betting Firefox put out a new nightly build since I downloaded it. I'll find a properly working apk and revise the op. Thanks.

Ravynmagi

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site

That's odd, it worked great for me. I'm betting Firefox put out a new nightly build since I downloaded it. I'll find a properly working apk and revise the op. Thanks.

Seems like different people following the same instructions get different results. I'm wondering if previous attempts at loading different versions of Flash and browsers is some how lingering and causing weirdness. I've installed and remove Flash and Firefox so many times. I might just need to do a factory reset and start all over.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site

Seems like different people following the same instructions get different results. I'm wondering if previous attempts at loading different versions of Flash and browsers is some how lingering and causing weirdness. I've installed and remove Flash and Firefox so many times. I might just need to do a factory reset and start all over.

I've found the solution! see OP

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site

After doing this Firefox version does nothing but crashed when I try to open the "Settings" menu within the app? Any ideas on how to get around this so I can actually set up the browser?

Please read revised method and opt for the xscope browser method.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci