Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 158
Like Tree26Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Flash How To: Read this before posting a new thread about Flash.

    So there are already like 5 threads about Flash "not working" with Jelly Bean. Flash will work just fine on your device if you follow these easy, noob friendly steps.

    UPDATED: Everything fully tested. I have modified the instructions to provide slightly better options.

    1. Download Astro File Manager from Google Play.

    2. Download the Xscope Browser from the Play Store (can play HD Flash) or Firefox Beta from the Play Store (does not play HD Flash)

    3. Download the latest Adobe Flash here: .

    4. Go to Settings, then to security and tick unknown sources box. This allows you to install apps not directly downloaded from Google Play, so you can load Flash.

    5. Open Astro, click on browse and go to your downloads. Click on the Flash APK to install it.

    6. If you used Xscope, go to settings, scroll to the Web Page section and tick the box that says "Auto load flash". If you used Firefox, go to settings in Firefox, and then plugins and tick the box that says enable.

    You're good to go! Enjoy, and spread the word that flash works just fine!


    ULTIMATE BEST METHOD FOR ROOTED USERS:

    Follow the instructions here: to install the standard android browser from the Galaxy Nexus on your device. Works great.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by crackberrytraitor; 08-03-2012 at 04:47 PM.
    Thanked by 46:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked
  2. #2  

    Default

    Sticky worthy sticky worthy. *Wayne & Garth voice*
    Thanked by 2:
  3. #3  

    Default

    Agreed, this needs to be a sticky!

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  4. #4  
    nexus89's Avatar

    Posts
    114 Posts
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts

    Default Re: Flash How To: Read this before posting a new thread about Fla

    Wow this is the easiest step by step I've read might have to try it
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Flash How To: Read this before posting a new thread about Fla

    Thanks
  6. #6  
    nexus89's Avatar

    Posts
    114 Posts
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts

    Default Re: Flash How To: Read this before posting a new thread about Fla

    Tried it and working perfectly!

    Thanks a lot
  7. #7  
    moosc's Avatar
    Grand Master Moosc

    Posts
    3,441 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,515 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

    Default

    Firefox sucks. Dolphin HD much better browser.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Flash How To: Read this before posting a new thread about Fla

    So this won't work with the Chrome browser, is that right?
  9. #9  
    moosc's Avatar
    Grand Master Moosc

    Posts
    3,441 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,515 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

    Default

    That is CORRECT
    Quote Originally Posted by monzon5755 View Post
    So this won't work with the Chrome browser, is that right?


    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    David Godward likes this.
  10. #10  
    iLLusive's Avatar
    Vzw Staff

    Posts
    408 Posts
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts

    Default Re: Flash How To: Read this before posting a new thread about Fla

    After doing this Firefox version does nothing but crashed when I try to open the "Settings" menu within the app? Any ideas on how to get around this so I can actually set up the browser?
    The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.
  11. #11  
    daniel2744's Avatar

    Posts
    123 Posts
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: Flash How To: Read this before posting a new thread about Fla

    Where is the enable flash option at? All I see is enable plug ins
    Thanked by:
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Flash How To: Read this before posting a new thread about Fla

    Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post
    Firefox sucks. Dolphin HD much better browser.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Just remember Dolphin 8.6 killed Flash support. You'll need to grab version 8.5.1. And so far I've had no luck getting it to run any Flash content even with Flash side loaded. So far only Firefox has worked for me.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Flash How To: Read this before posting a new thread about Fla

    Tried this method out, but for me was a step backwards.

    My Flash test is playing the Android Central podcast and then trying to play it in full screen mode (and it's the latter that has been impossible for me so far).

    I followed the steps to the letter. But when I tap the video to play, I can't seem to be able to use any of the controls in the video, such as the quality button or full screen button. Nothing happens. The video does play, but it stays at it's lowest resolution and doesn't look good.

    I removed the Nightly Firefox and installed Firefox Beta back on (this seems to work the best for me so far). And now I'm again able to use the buttons in a YouTube video to control quality, though it still crashes if I click the full screen video.

    So the best I can do at the moment, with Firefox Beta, is increase the quality and if I double tap the video it mostly fills the screen while still staying in the browser window. I guess this is about as good as it's getting for me.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravynmagi View Post
    Tried this method out, but for me was a step backwards.

    My Flash test is playing the Android Central podcast and then trying to play it in full screen mode (and it's the latter that has been impossible for me so far).

    I followed the steps to the letter. But when I tap the video to play, I can't seem to be able to use any of the controls in the video, such as the quality button or full screen button. Nothing happens. The video does play, but it stays at it's lowest resolution and doesn't look good.

    I removed the Nightly Firefox and installed Firefox Beta back on (this seems to work the best for me so far). And now I'm again able to use the buttons in a YouTube video to control quality, though it still crashes if I click the full screen video.

    So the best I can do at the moment, with Firefox Beta, is increase the quality and if I double tap the video it mostly fills the screen while still staying in the browser window. I guess this is about as good as it's getting for me.
    That's odd, it worked great for me. I'm betting Firefox put out a new nightly build since I downloaded it. I'll find a properly working apk and revise the op. Thanks.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daniel2744 View Post
    Where is the enable flash option at? All I see is enable plug ins
    That's what you want to enable.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Flash How To: Read this before posting a new thread about Fla

    Quote Originally Posted by crackberrytraitor View Post
    That's odd, it worked great for me. I'm betting Firefox put out a new nightly build since I downloaded it. I'll find a properly working apk and revise the op. Thanks.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Seems like different people following the same instructions get different results. I'm wondering if previous attempts at loading different versions of Flash and browsers is some how lingering and causing weirdness. I've installed and remove Flash and Firefox so many times. I might just need to do a factory reset and start all over.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

    Default Re: Flash How To: Read this before posting a new thread about Fla

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravynmagi View Post
    Seems like different people following the same instructions get different results. I'm wondering if previous attempts at loading different versions of Flash and browsers is some how lingering and causing weirdness. I've installed and remove Flash and Firefox so many times. I might just need to do a factory reset and start all over.
    I've found the solution! see OP
    Thanked by:
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Flash How To: Read this before posting a new thread about Fla

    Actually works! Impressed!
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

    Default Re: Flash How To: Read this before posting a new thread about Fla

    Quote Originally Posted by iLLusive View Post
    After doing this Firefox version does nothing but crashed when I try to open the "Settings" menu within the app? Any ideas on how to get around this so I can actually set up the browser?
    Please read revised method and opt for the xscope browser method.
  20. #20  
    cbatiste1993's Avatar

    Posts
    96 Posts
    ROM
    Rooted & Stock (both)

    Default

    Xscope option is much better than Firefox. Thanks!

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Flash How To: Read this before posting a new thread about Fla

    This is great I just used this and went to kongregate to see if flash would work for games and it works like a charm.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Flash How To: Read this before posting a new thread about Fla

    xScope browser worked fine. If you are first time, it actually prompts for installing automatically. Click OK and find the download link and download.
  23. #23  
    tntdroid's Avatar
    Droiderator

    Posts
    5,672 Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Nexus

    Default

    You can also see this thread that also has a great write up on this and more info if needed.

    No flash got you down? Try this fix

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Flash How To: Read this before posting a new thread about Fla

    This worked great..! For some reason (whether user error or do error) I couldn't get this to run with firefox or dolphin.. Got it to work first try with xscope
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Flash How To: Read this before posting a new thread about Fla

    Hi,
    I am new to Nexus 7 and this forum. Is the flash you mentioned here the SD card or flash drive through mini USB port? If yes, what is the difference between your way and the way of using stickmount?

    Thanks.
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

B