Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Girish Devadas
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default nexus7 locked

Hi everyone!
    this is my problem
    Yesterday i turn off my wi-fi and after turn off the nexus7.this morning my children try to turn on the tab and make 5 bad try,the device turn on lock mode beacause too many try.The device ask me to connect to google play account to unlock but the wi-fi is off and i m not able to turn it on.I try the hard reset,i can go to the menue and choose recouvery mode and wait about 2 hours but the device not reboot(just google logo) it still locked!what i can do to solve this problem? thank you!

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

Default Re: nexus7 locked

My tablet actually locked up and what I did was hold down the power button as well as the volume rocker (the whole thing) at once for about 10 seconds and then the tablet turned on. If that doesn't work, you may need to exchange it.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

thank rsen for your reply
    hold donw power button and volume go to the reset menu i try it but nothing happen just google logo

Default Re: Nexus7 Locks Up

Google has a good support number on their website-
    Twice i have been unable to get my tablet started after using it the day before. Support told me to hold the power button and the volume up button for - Get this --> 30 seconds WHILE it is plugged in... It did work... Support calls it deep sleep - I call it a problem. So long as it turns-on each time after this procedure, i will live with it...
    Thanked by:

I have the same problem. WI FI is turned off and the tablet is locked. Axiom telecom in Dubai is not able to do a hard reset. They said they simply don't have the support for it. Kindly help

I Also suffer from the same problem. No help provided by anyone. I am going mad!

go to asus support, down load USB driver, make it very very very sure that the tab is connected to your pc. your pc must show a sign like it is connected to a USB device. then try the entire recovery mode process. it worked for me. It should work for you. google missed the most important aspect that the tab must be connected to a PC before recovery. How can they?.
    Jackie Davis1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Girish Devadas View Post
    go to asus support, down load USB driver, make it very very very sure that the tab is connected to your pc. your pc must show a sign like it is connected to a USB device. then try the entire recovery mode process.
    I'm curious. Why do you need a special USB driver? Isn't there one built into the tablet?

I connected my tablet to my notebook yesterday. Nothing launched to indicate that it was connected though. I opened the computer and the icon for the tablet was there along with icons for the hard drive and other devices.

thats the way it works. I don't know why. I also thought that it will just work for me , but it never did,

Hi Chaps

Tried this - went from dead Nexus 7 to working device - great - thanks

Cool Re: Google Nexus 7 is locked...

It took me a minute to figure this out. The lock icon appeared after I downloaded the 4.1.2 update allowing landscape mode. Press & hold the LOCK icon that shows on the main screen...then simultaneously press the UNLOCK icon below it. Pressing both at the same time should unlock it.

It took me a minute to figure this out. The lock icon appeared after I downloaded the 4.1.2 update allowing landscape mode. Press & hold the LOCK icon that shows on the main screen...then simultaneously press the UNLOCK icon below it. Pressing both at the same time should unlock it.

Okay, just downloaded ANOTHER Nexus update on my tablet and my old fix from a few hours ago no longer works...NOW I have to press & hold the LOCK icon & "drag" it over to the UNLOCK icon for access. Hope this helps others as well. Also hope this doesn't happen with each update. Geesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Dijoux33 View Post
    Okay, just downloaded ANOTHER Nexus update on my tablet and my old fix from a few hours ago no longer works...NOW I have to press & hold the LOCK icon & "drag" it over to the UNLOCK icon for access. Hope this helps others as well. Also hope this doesn't happen with each update. Geesh.
    That's how it was meant to be used on 4.1.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums