Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Default Re: Oops! - Dropped and cracked Nexus 7 Screen - SOL?

Yea, dropped mine last night on tile. It had a RooCase and it still got damaged. It landed right on the corner so maybe the case helped?
    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Oops! - Dropped and cracked Nexus 7 Screen - SOL?-uploadfromtaptalk1351354124903.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by JesusG90 View Post
    Yea, dropped mine last night on tile. It had a RooCase and it still got damaged. It landed right on the corner so maybe the case helped?
    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    Sweet Jee-sauce, that poor Nexii. Does it still work?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by crackberrytraitor View Post
    Sweet Jee-sauce, that poor Nexii. Does it still work?

Yea, no issues at all. Im givin her plenty of TLC though. :-)

Thanked by:
    MangoPowah likes this.

mine has a SSN starting w/C60 also and I swear I had it 31 days and we did nothing to this thing. We respected it and had it in a case and a spider web crack that has the thing totally useless has me in a rage. b/c its so new none of the stores like Best Buy etc. can even fix it b/c there are no parts. well after reading all these breaks...I'm furious b/c now I'm realizing Nexus/Asus should own up to this defect and fix these darn things for free. what ever happen w/yours?

I'm sad to say that these people saying Asus would fix for free if spontaneous breakage....YOUR wrong!!!! I just went round for round w/these jerks and they want $160 to fix it

Quote Originally Posted by Renpal2173 View Post
    I'm sad to say that these people saying Asus would fix for free if spontaneous breakage....YOUR wrong!!!! I just went round for round w/these jerks and they want $160 to fix it
    Then you're an ***** or a liar. Seeing as you have only 2 posts, I'd say liar. It's ASUS policy to replace spontaneous breakage for free.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Stock, Paranoid, CM10

I wouldn't rush to call anyone a liar where Asus is concerned. Getting my Prime repaired (and later replaced) was one of the most painful experiences I've ever had with CS in my entire life.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldera View Post
    I wouldn't rush to call anyone a liar where Asus is concerned. Getting my Prime repaired (and later replaced) was one of the most painful experiences I've ever had with CS in my entire life.
    The guys has two posts and ASUS has made it clear that they will fix spontaneous breakage for free. Just saying.

ROM
    Stock, Paranoid, CM10

I don't really care either way, I just know how dreadful their "service" can be at times.

crackberry, you are such a b... to call others liar, only showing you are not educated. if this forum is dominated by people like you, I'd wish I never logged on this site.

Then you're an ***** or a liar. Seeing as you have only 2 posts, I'd say liar. It's ASUS policy to replace spontaneous breakage for free.

to be clear on what is defined by ASUS for spontaneous break, only one line crack is covered by ASUS, according to them.
    Quoted email from ASUS, judge yourself:
    Hello,
    Thank you for the photo. After viewing it, I am unfortunate to tell you that this would be considered as Customer Induced Damage, or CID. The units that you are inquiring about have a single internal crack. Based on your photo, this is a multiple, external crack. If you wish to have a RMA created for you I would be happy to assist you.

Thank you,
    J... L.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtoossi View Post
    crackberry, you are such a b... to call others liar, only showing you are not educated. if this forum is dominated by people like you, I'd wish I never logged on this site.
    Last edited by mtoossi; 11-20-2012 at 02:29 PM.

to be clear on what is defined by ASUS for spontaneous break, only one line crack is covered by ASUS, according to them.
    Maybe you shouldn't lie then. And I am very well educated. When people are spreading misinformation, I'm going to call them on it. Like your latest post. I contacted ASUS again, because what you said sounded fishy. There is no "one line" policy, they will repair ANY spontaneous breakage. Anyone who wants confirmation of that can get it easily by contacting tech support.

how much do you get from ASUS, wonder if it worth it to give up your basic moral as a human.

Maybe you shouldn't lie then. And I am very well educated. When people are spreading misinformation, I'm going to call them on it. Like your latest post. I contacted ASUS again, because what you said sounded fishy. There is no "one line" policy, they will repair ANY spontaneous breakage. Anyone who wants confirmation of that can get it easily by contacting tech support.

Judge yourself, here is Quote from ASUS:
    Hello,
    Thanks you for the photo. After viewing it, I'm unfortunate to tell you that this would be considered as Customer Induced Damage, or CID. The units that you are inquiring about have a single internal crack. Based on your photo, this is a multiple, external crack. If you wish to have a RMA created for you I would be happy to assist you.

Thank you,
    J... L.

Judge yourself, here is Quote from ASUS:
    Hello,
    Thanks you for the photo. After viewing it, I'm unfortunate to tell you that this would be considered as Customer Induced Damage, or CID. The units that you are inquiring about have a single internal crack. Based on your photo, this is a multiple, external crack. If you wish to have a RMA created for you I would be happy to assist you.

Thank you,
    J... L.
    Give me your product number and I'll get you a new device mailed to you for free. All you have to do is insist it was spontaneous. The single crack thing is Bologna and it's not part of their policy.

how much do you get from ASUS, wonder if it worth it to give up your basic moral as a human.
    Pretty sure not agreeing with everything you say doesn't equal "giving up my basic moral as a human". Learn to stop using logical fallacies.

this only make things look crappier, I'm not cheap to beg a company to do me a favor beyond their policy, esp. for a $250 device. I fight only for the right I own. if you are ASUS employee, report back how people view the company, or if you have enough power, go change the situation. call people liar doesn't help the company, neither yourself. Thanks for your offer, but I look it as a joke, I can say, give me your address, I'll have a sack of gold delivered to you, it's the same kind of joke.

Give me your product number and I'll get you a new device mailed to you for free. All you have to do is insist it was spontaneous. The single crack thing is Bologna and it's not part of their policy.

ROM
    Arctic HD

I broke my screen. I was still in the 15 day return policy from Walmart. I told them it was broke when I opened it. I know I'm a bad person :rolleyes:

But for all the crap I've gone through with walmart its the least they could do anyway. The first one I bought was okay until I found dust under the screen, exchanged it for a new 16 gb which I found out was already opened and used so I took it to a different walmart which didn't have any 16gb left so the manager offered me the 32 gb for 225.
    Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS

i think that asus shouldn't charge anything over 100$ because i looked in the warranty but i didn't drop mine a jerk in a hallway at my school tripped me then it got steped on

Thumbs down Re: Oops! - Dropped and cracked Nexus 7 Screen - SOL?

I also bought the ASUS cover before using BUT add a 2yr old granddaughter and an 18 inch drop and OMG the 3 week old nexus IN IT's COVER!!! has now got a cracked screen. So do we sue ASUS for faulse advertising as it states in it's blurb on the web site "tough" and "protects your device" from "bumps and scratches". Trying to get it fixed is more difficult than trying to walk on water! It costs nearly as much as a new one!!!! And the house insurance has a 100 excess which if I claim from will reduce my no claims bonus - which will cost me more in the long run!!!! Humph!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona Colston View Post
    I also bought the ASUS cover before using BUT add a 2yr old granddaughter and an 18 inch drop and OMG the 3 week old nexus IN IT's COVER!!! has now got a cracked screen. So do we sue ASUS for faulse advertising as it states in it's blurb on the web site "tough" and "protects your device" from "bumps and scratches".
    Please keep us informed on the progress of your lawsuit.
    mr_nobody likes this.

UGH. I saved hard-earned money to buy this tablet for my 13-year old daughter. She got it the week before Thanksgiving and has used it non-stop. Used it at school, Facebook, reading, etc. It was ALWAYS with her. Yesterday on the way to school (with a carpool mom) it fell out of her lap when the car made a turn, and it shattered after falling to the car floor. I was so upset and told her I wouldn't ever believe that that is what happened because we can actually THROW our Android phones on the car floor, all day long, and nothing happens. Well, now I'm sick because after reading all these posts, I see that it is a product defect, and she was telling me the truth. So, not only do we have a broken Nexus after less than two months, I have a broken relationship with my daughter. I so wish the manufacturer would help us poor people out! I forgot to mention that I purchased a customized padded cover for it which she had on at the time of this incident.

Buy a sqauretrade warranty for 50 bucks, wait a week, then file a claim.

Again this poster wishes to do the unethical choice, after being called out on a switcheroo trick.

I dropped mine when it was 6 days old, unfortunately it dropped about 4ft onto hard flooring; it cracked at the point of impact and left half of the screen unresponsive. I read through this thread & noticed that Asus want stupid amounts of money to repair the tablet and I couldn't find an affordable new screen to DIY replace the screen. I also sen't my tablet away to a 3rd party repairs person to try have it repaired but they didn't have the means to.
    Now, I've sent away the tablet to my home insurance company where they will assess and act accordingly (probably send me a new one ) then send me it back within a few days.
    It did cost 60 for this, but thats a lot better than paying for Asus to look at it or just buying a new one.

tl;dr dropped tablet, unresponsive screen so claiming home insurance on it since Asus are being a waste with it.

Sighs after reading all of this Im not sure whether to cry or not.... I want to repair but im not quite sure its worth it
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast