Oops! - Dropped and cracked Nexus 7 Screen - SOL?

Chocoburger

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
This thread still going? Okay, I'll just continue to add my own personal experience. If you may remember, very early in this thread, I stated I had dumb luck with my N7. Well I'd call it extreme dumb luck now, because I've dropped it about 8 to 9 times on either hardwood floor or hard title floor. The drop height varies from 1 foot to about 4 feet, and yet my N7 is still in perfect condition. Also I'm rocking the C60, which are the launch models (when they were extremely hard to find) and are the models most prone to breaking.

Oh and I do not own a case for my N7 at all, never once has it been placed within a casing of any type yet. Note that my screen protector is scratched, because being the buffoon that I am, I placed it somewhere I shouldn't have and it fell onto one of my PC speakers, scratching the screen protector a little bit.

Entus1

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Add me to the list. Im at work, leave my tablet on my desk. I come back from the bathroom and a spiderweb crack was very apparent in top left corner. When i being moving it around, feeling to see if it was maybe a streak, it cracked more down the middle. I DID nothing to crack this screen. I have treated it like an infant. Ive read just about every post on here. My question is, how in gods name do you get in touch with ASUS? Ive been to their webste and apparently they do not have phones.

On another note, calling around to repair shops, no one has replacement parts anymore and they saidthird party vendors along with ASUS stopped getting/creating/distributing them. I had better get this repaired for free or I will be contating the CEO on a daily basis.

kieranmullen

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Maybe coworker broke it? I have mine in a case thankfully as I have dropped it serval times without issue. I like to use it without a case but I feel naked without a case.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Add me to the list. Im at work, leave my tablet on my desk. I come back from the bathroom and a spiderweb crack was very apparent in top left corner. When i being moving it around, feeling to see if it was maybe a streak, it cracked more down the middle. I DID nothing to crack this screen. I have treated it like an infant. Ive read just about every post on here. My question is, how in gods name do you get in touch with ASUS? Ive been to their webste and apparently they do not have phones.

On another note, calling around to repair shops, no one has replacement parts anymore and they saidthird party vendors along with ASUS stopped getting/creating/distributing them. I had better get this repaired for free or I will be contating the CEO on a daily basis.

Contact Google Play customer support. They'll refer you to ASUS.

JesusG90

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Yea, dropped mine last night on tile. It had a RooCase and it still got damaged. It landed right on the corner so maybe the case helped?
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1351354124903.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351354124903.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 33

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Yea, dropped mine last night on tile. It had a RooCase and it still got damaged. It landed right on the corner so maybe the case helped?
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Sweet Jee-sauce, that poor Nexii. Does it still work?

Renpal2173

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
mine has a SSN starting w/C60 also and I swear I had it 31 days and we did nothing to this thing. We respected it and had it in a case and a spider web crack that has the thing totally useless has me in a rage. b/c its so new none of the stores like Best Buy etc. can even fix it b/c there are no parts. well after reading all these breaks...I'm furious b/c now I'm realizing Nexus/Asus should own up to this defect and fix these darn things for free. what ever happen w/yours?

Renpal2173

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm sad to say that these people saying Asus would fix for free if spontaneous breakage....YOUR wrong!!!! I just went round for round w/these jerks and they want $160 to fix it

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm sad to say that these people saying Asus would fix for free if spontaneous breakage....YOUR wrong!!!! I just went round for round w/these jerks and they want $160 to fix it

Then you're an idiot or a liar. Seeing as you have only 2 posts, I'd say liar. It's ASUS policy to replace spontaneous breakage for free.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

Caldera

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't rush to call anyone a liar where Asus is concerned. Getting my Prime repaired (and later replaced) was one of the most painful experiences I've ever had with CS in my entire life.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't rush to call anyone a liar where Asus is concerned. Getting my Prime repaired (and later replaced) was one of the most painful experiences I've ever had with CS in my entire life.

The guys has two posts and ASUS has made it clear that they will fix spontaneous breakage for free. Just saying.

mtoossi

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
crackberry, you are such a b... to call others liar, only showing you are not educated. if this forum is dominated by people like you, I'd wish I never logged on this site.

Then you're an idiot or a liar. Seeing as you have only 2 posts, I'd say liar. It's ASUS policy to replace spontaneous breakage for free.

mtoossi

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
to be clear on what is defined by ASUS for spontaneous break, only one line crack is covered by ASUS, according to them.
Quoted email from ASUS, judge yourself:
Hello,
Thank you for the photo. After viewing it, I am unfortunate to tell you that this would be considered as Customer Induced Damage, or CID. The units that you are inquiring about have a single internal crack. Based on your photo, this is a multiple, external crack. If you wish to have a RMA created for you I would be happy to assist you.

Thank you,
J... L.
crackberry, you are such a b... to call others liar, only showing you are not educated. if this forum is dominated by people like you, I'd wish I never logged on this site.

Last edited:

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site

to be clear on what is defined by ASUS for spontaneous break, only one line crack is covered by ASUS, according to them.

Maybe you shouldn't lie then. And I am very well educated. When people are spreading misinformation, I'm going to call them on it. Like your latest post. I contacted ASUS again, because what you said sounded fishy. There is no "one line" policy, they will repair ANY spontaneous breakage. Anyone who wants confirmation of that can get it easily by contacting tech support.

mtoossi

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
how much do you get from ASUS, wonder if it worth it to give up your basic moral as a human.

Maybe you shouldn't lie then. And I am very well educated. When people are spreading misinformation, I'm going to call them on it. Like your latest post. I contacted ASUS again, because what you said sounded fishy. There is no "one line" policy, they will repair ANY spontaneous breakage. Anyone who wants confirmation of that can get it easily by contacting tech support.

mtoossi

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Judge yourself, here is Quote from ASUS:
Hello,
Thanks you for the photo. After viewing it, I'm unfortunate to tell you that this would be considered as Customer Induced Damage, or CID. The units that you are inquiring about have a single internal crack. Based on your photo, this is a multiple, external crack. If you wish to have a RMA created for you I would be happy to assist you.

Thank you,
J... L.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Judge yourself, here is Quote from ASUS:
Hello,
Thanks you for the photo. After viewing it, I'm unfortunate to tell you that this would be considered as Customer Induced Damage, or CID. The units that you are inquiring about have a single internal crack. Based on your photo, this is a multiple, external crack. If you wish to have a RMA created for you I would be happy to assist you.

Thank you,
J... L.

Give me your product number and I'll get you a new device mailed to you for free. All you have to do is insist it was spontaneous. The single crack thing is Bologna and it's not part of their policy.