Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1819202122 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

ROM
    Stock rooted ICS fc05

Default Re: Was your Nexus 7 defective or in Perfect condition?

I had a 16 GB and a 32 GB both in perfect condition no lift and no screen issues what so ever.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9

I got my 32GB on Wednesday and there are a couple minor issues. It does have a tiny bit of screen lift, although it seems well-secured enough, and there is a tiny bit of light bleed on the bottom left and right corners. I'm quite picky about light bleed but there isn't enough to bother me and it doesn't seem to be getting any worse. It's certainly better than the ASUS Transformer Pad I picked up (and returned) earlier this year! That thing creaked and had awful light bleed.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

16gb C90 from GameStop 3 day ago.. Screen lift on left side, brand new so this really bugs me, also creeks when pushing down on side, really annoying.. Also takes 30 seconds of holding power button to turn it on after a full shut off.. Will be exchanging it today for a different one, otherwise LOVE IT.. As an iOS user (Mac, iPhone, iPods for years) I always talked down about android but I really love this thing!! Will post an update later today!

Mine Nexus 7 32gb from Portugal was without any defect

Mine was perfect ...but I make too many mistakes and have so many issues.....even my wife says so.

Fortunately my dog still likes me...

ROM
    Stock on both for now.

Got a 16g when they first came out & it was perfect. Just got a 32g and it's perfect too. Gave my 16g to my niece and she loves it too. Should I trade this in for a iPad mini? BAHAHAHA!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    There's always time to do it right the second time.

Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Nexus 7 (2012)

Retired
    HTC EVO 4G LTE
    HTC EVO 4G (Original)

I bought my first Nexus 7 that was a 16GB, bought from Google Play Store. Had the screen lift issue.

Bought my second after a 2 month wait (Australia is so backwater, took that long for them to refund it), got it Friday - no issue as yet.

Hello everyone. This is my first post and I would like to share my Nexus 7 experience with you.

On the 29/12/2012 I have decided to make myself a late Christmas present and get a N7 (Nexus 7 devices here in London were sold out everywhere during Christmas). So I went to Currys and got my first Nexus 7, also took the 'Whatever Happens' cover they offer for just 3/month). So.. here goes:

1) Device bought initially. No screen lift, no dead pixels, no backlight bleed, except an unresponsive screen at times. Returned the unit.
    2) 1st replacement. Dead pixels in the middle of the screen. No backlight bleed, black colours nice and & deep. Returned the unit.
    3) 2nd replacement. Squeaking sides, screen lift, and a camera that hasn't been centered (hold the tablet in front of you and see yourself on the left side of the screen). Returned the unit.
    4) 3rd replacement. Horrible backlight bleed. Returned the unit. Up to this point, I just thought I had bad luck and did not yet search the forums, therefore did not even know about various batches and CSSNs.
    5) 4th replacement. Even worse backlight bleed than 4). Returned the unit. (CSSN: CCOK***)
    6) 5th replacement. Washed out colours, grey tint on display, the black colours not deep, instead greyish/white (CSSN: CCOK***). One bright green pixel visible on a dark background.
    7) 6th replacement. 6 bright green dead pixels and a horrible backlight bleeding and a gyroscope, that is dodgy (I play F18 Carrier Landing, and it just goes crazy sometimes). Again, blacks aren't deep, looks like they have different panel manufacturers, as the first 3 units I had they had vivid bright colours and deep blacks... (CSSN: CCOK***). Going to the store today, will open the replacement in store again to check with the 'Know How' guys and let you know about my luck. If the next device is going to have any of the issues I had so far, I am going to return the device for a full refund, as this is no joy going to the store and trying to convince them of the issues that thousands of Nexus 7 owners are experiencing.

Now I also have something to say for those that are going to call me picky, or an *****... I understand perfectly that no device can be completely perfect, and I would however be happy to have a device with a mild backlight bleed, but not with such, as I had before. The backlight bleed on the 6th replacement can be seen in the picture attached.

Please feel free to share your opinions regarding my experience with these tablets. I really love the Nexus 7, but can't stand the poor manufacturing quality and the screen issues.

Does anyone have crappy LCD panels in the CCO batch?

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Got my 16gb from Walmart. Perfect condition.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Got mine directly from Google. I had to return the 1st unit because it wouldn't turn on unless I held the power button for 20 seconds. This would happen every time. The replacement unit has been working perfectly.

Bought the wife's (ASUS) 32gb at Sam's Club for Christmas. As far as we can tell (new to tabs) all is well.

I have a 32gb and a 16gb and both are perfect and smooth as butter.

32gb purchased from newegg in December---perfect

Small amount of light bleed, but not enough for me to be bothered. Bought from Wal-Mart the day the price dropped (29 OCT 2012). 16GB

LOVE IT!
    Last edited by motorcycle_monkey; 01-11-2013 at 12:01 PM.

32GB "Nakasi" purchased at Sam's Club in November--Perfect out of the box, updated to 4.2.1 OTA within hours with no problems. Buttery Smooth since day one.

16 GB from Walmart. Have had it for about 4 months. Perfect so far.

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

16GB from staples. Speakers blown in three days with no usage other than alerts and youtube.

Hey everyone

New here. Thought I'd introduce myself. I just received my N7 from newegg, 32GB model. Plugged in, powered on, no graphics. Backlight lit up, but didn't boot into the OS, nothing. Replacement hopefully within a week.

My wife got me one for Christmas... I noticed the screen flickers here and there

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

I got a 32g from Future Shop on Wednesday. It has been really great so far. I have not updated the software to jb as of yet. I don't want to lose flash yet until I get the info on how to side load it I think they call it.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

Received 32GB N7 for my birthday and had to send it back due to crappy Wifi speeds, awaiting second and hoping it's better... Also had screen lift on left side but that did not affect performance

Hi My Nexus 7 32gb is going back to PC World tomorrow, after one week (is this a record)? The unit will not turn on. Its all charged up, I have followed the instructions to the letter, but nothing, blank screen, if unit plugged in, white lines can just be seen on the grey background. Its a complete melt down.
    Deb

Mine is perfect. 32 GB wi-fi version, purchased in-store about a month ago. No defects, no problems whatsoever with it.
    quicksilver53 likes this.

Global Posts
    368 Global Posts

Bought my N7/32GB almost two weeks ago the thing is perfect. I am not sure why I waited so long.

quicksilver53 likes this.
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1819202122 LastLast