Was your Nexus 7 defective or in Perfect condition?

G3TCASHM0N3Y

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Mine from sams club was defective with a screen lift. Was going to buy a replacement from staples. Had the employees open all 3 they had in stock to find a perfect one. Turns out they all had the screen lift so I left empty handed lol talk about mass defects.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Flur

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I am now 0 for 2. The Staples near my house got one in this afternoon. Yes, just one in the shipment, and I got it, and it had the same glass separation issue on the same side of the device as the first one. :'(

hokiesteve

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Defective with screen separation and some flickering. Replacement from Google is on the way.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Staples, 16GB. Left side isn't glued absolutely perfectly but in my case it's extremely minor. Ever so slight glue release click over an inch or so of the left just above midpoint if I push down. I'll live with it for a week and see if it gets worse. If not, I'm calling it good. I would absolutely never have noticed it without this forum mention of it.

perrochingon

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
All good here. Just got my 16gb via ups today from google and haven't ran into any issues (knock on wood)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

jeres88

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
got my 16gb in today, it's in perfect condition! (I was getting worried with all of the defect threads on this forum...)

Hand_O_Death

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Pre-ordered at Gamestop the day they announced them available to preorder at Gamestop.

Had the first pre-order and was first to pick up.

Had the defective left side of the screen where it stuck up a bit. Decided to live with it.

Last night I decided I would rather have the device I paid for ya know? So last night I called the store to inform them that the device had a defect and since it was within 30 days I wanted to make sure I informed them before hand, and told them I was aware that it would probably be into August or September.

Got a call from the store they had my replacement. Brand spanking new one they had overnighted (No idea how they did that)

Perefect device right out of the box no screen issues or anything.

Thank you for your post.

I too got mine day one at GameStop (So 16GB). I have noticed the screen is slightly rising on the left side and I noticed this odd red sub pixel only during "Some" blacks (read: not showing up during screen tests) . So I just called my GS and the guy told me that he is aware, but does not know if I can get a replacement before Sept because they are so back ordered. (odd because I was the first to preorder and pick up mine and I was a day slow on both). He told me that he will be leaving a note for his manager and sending the regional an email so it is on record that i contacted them within the 30 days, but asked me to contact the manager in the morning just to confirm there are no other faster options.

So either way I will have a new one coming sooner or later.

And THIS TIME, I will root it immediately (stupid me for not doing that to this one).

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Interesting to see a couple of other people with the same "gray glow" problem I had. Here's to hoping my replacement arrives tomorrow in perfect condition.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20