Removing Photos from Gallery

marcoscu

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info. Will that also delete the photos from Picassa too?
When I first set the N7 up it auto synced to all my Picassa stuff, I have now disabled photo sync on the N7 but if I now delete the pix from the N7 will it also delete the originals on Picassa?

DesertCzar

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I tried touching the photo and leaving my finger down and did NOT get a choice to delete it, I could choose to send it to Picasa, Gmail, or g+

What now?

Moviecouple

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue. In gallery, since it allows me to view my Picasa photos, it Will Not allow you to delete any of these Picasa photos. Even if said photos don't reside on your device, you should be able to delete what you want.

Solution... I am using Picasa Tool. Good app. Allows me to do what I need to.

g0dstr1be

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
I don't recall but I think I chose to use Picasa to upload images. In order to delete them I had to go to my Google+ account and delete the images and folders there in order to remove the image. I hope that helps.

tabletnovice

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
I have my Picasa Web Albums bookmarked in my web browser. I can do all the things I do via my computer, including upload images from the tablet.

I didn't know about Picasa Tool. I'll give it a try but the above works perfectly for me.

Update: Picasa Tool is listed as incompatible with my Nexus 7. There are similar apps but, reading the reviews, many have intrusive ads...and I'm sick of them! Using a browser is just fine and very easy.

Last edited:

Silverginger

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
AFAIK removing pictures from Picasa can ONLY be done via the browser.If,like me,you synced with Google + then any pictures you take go into a folder on the Nexus 7 called "Instant Upload" which can be viewed and shared on the Nexus but can only be deleted directly from Picasa.where you can open the folder called "Instant Uploads" and click on "Organise" where you can delete pics either individually or in bulk.When you go back to the Gallery on your N7,the pics should have gone...

Mr.Audio

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
If I remove my pics on my Nexus 7, through Google + , it gives me a message that it will remove them from Picassa also. Is there a way t avoid that?

No, because they are the same pictures. Google+ uses Picasa as its image hosting/management service, though it's so tightly integrated that it seems like it's actually G+. It's not, it's really Picasa, so if you delete a pic from either G+ or Picasa, both methods affect the same, shared file. Delete from either one, and it's gone from both.

Timothy Cook

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Here's what I've discovered. Our gallery's are linked to g+. If you upload your photos to g+ then delete them from g+, the next time your phone sync's up with g+ the photos will disappear from your gallery folders.

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
If you want to remove the Picasa albums from the Gallery app, go to your accounts in the Settings app and turn Google Photos sync OFF under your Google account. Then go to Apps in the Settings app, find Google+, and Clear data and Force stop. Do the same thing for the Gallery app. This won't delete any pictures stored on your device.

Then go to the Gallery app and all your Picasa albums should be gone. You'll have to set up Google+ again if you use it. Don't turn photo syncing on if you do.

dapwn3r117

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Yo can also go to settings/apps/gallery/ then tap clear data. It will only delete. On device items
Stuff from the internet or screenshots will stay.

lambyiom

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I have only just activated the camera and took a couple of pictures to test it. To delete them I found them in the folder,held my finger on the ones to delete and then clicked on the trash can at the top right of the screen. That seemed to work

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781