12-05-2014 03:10 PM
433 ... 9101112131415 ...
tools
    Disable it, or just don't use it? You can open it and hide/ remove the mags if you like.
    SonDan likes this.
    11-02-2012 05:07 PM
    Is this still possible now with the 4.1.2 JB update and new version of the play store?

I am not rooted, a while ago i saved the N7 guide as a pdf and side loaded it from my PC into a folder on my N7 that I setup and use/view with "ES File Explorer". So when now when I read the N7 guide on my N7.....I only have the option of reading it as a pdf file with 2 pdf readers.

I would like to use the "play books" reader in the N7 to read it, but I can not get the file to be saved with a "keep on device" from the menu button....its not shown there as an option at all. When I go to the playstore and click the "Read" button, the guide only opens with the wifi on and there does not seem to be a way to do anything else with the guide at this point.

Also when I am reading the guide as it is being used/read over the wifi.....when I hit the menu button for options...that menu only stays on the screen for a couple of seconds and disappears. I can only make it come back if I rotate the screen back and forth and hit it again. Is this a bug in the new OS update?

Thanks for any help.
    My JB version is 4.1.2 and like you I could not find the "keep on device" entry in the menu while reading the book. I went to the homescreen "Library" icon which brought up tiles of my books. Since I was reading the manual at the time there was a stickpin icon on the tile. On this page, on the menu, the "keep on device" option now appeared and it worked
    11-03-2012 12:02 PM
    When using the clock if you run your finger across the screen slowly the clock turns to a blue digital clock.
    Jonnyboy255 and blakes278 like this.
    11-04-2012 12:58 PM
    When using the clock if you run your finger across the screen slowly the clock turns to a blue digital clock.
    Close. Tap and hold . If you tap to the low light mode, then tap and hold, you get the blue low light mode.
    11-04-2012 01:43 PM
    Just a quick one, ordered a Nexus 7 on Friday, should be arriving today or tomorrow so I thought I'd spend a bit of time reading some of the features on it so I can open it and get going, just wanted to say thanks to everyone for posting the tips!
    11-05-2012 07:49 AM
    Okay so my Nexus 7 arrived and I love it, using a bunch of the tips posted on here!
    One question, is there any way to play media from my Nexus 7 on my TV WITHOUT the use of an internet enabled TV or a Media device such as XBOX/ Playstation/ Wifi Bluray player?

Thanks!
    11-07-2012 06:04 AM
    Okay so my Nexus 7 arrived and I love it, using a bunch of the tips posted on here!
    One question, is there any way to play media from my Nexus 7 on my TV WITHOUT the use of an internet enabled TV or a Media device such as XBOX/ Playstation/ Wifi Bluray player?

Thanks!
    I don't think so, but Jellybean 4.2 will support Miracast - Google that and see if you like the idea.
    11-08-2012 11:28 AM
    I don't think so, but Jellybean 4.2 will support Miracast - Google that and see if you like the idea.
    Great idea, but still developing. I believe Phil and JR Raphael's reviews mentioned that NetGear "Miracast" devices didn't work with the N4 4.2 (pre-release version) due to the the device being "pre-standard compliant." I look forward to seeing compatible Miracast devices and TVs being available in 2013 (crossed fingers). It could be a long wait though.
    11-08-2012 12:53 PM
    ... WITHOUT the use of an internet enabled TV or a Media device such as XBOX/ Playstation/ Wifi Bluray player?
    I think the answer to the question as you asked it, is no.
    11-09-2012 07:20 AM
    Or use pinch to zoom so you can see more hours
    11-10-2012 07:58 AM
    Made me laugh. Great post!

what a stupid forum that does not link replies to the original post.
    11-10-2012 08:07 AM
    Made me laugh. Great post!

what a stupid forum that does not link replies to the original post.
    It actually does. Just click on the original post and click quote. Or If u wanna quote more than one post click on multi.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    ChromeJob and ziffos like this.
    11-10-2012 08:35 AM
    Thanks for the answers all, one more thing, can you connect an external hard drive directly to a nexus 7 without connecting them both to a PC/ Mac?
    11-12-2012 06:22 AM
    I've been trying to find out the same thing. The Nexus Q will do it but that sucker is expensive.

You can easily stream music from the Nexus 7 with a cheap bluetooth adapter. Also if your TV is DLNA compatible you can stream media.

Thanks!
    11-13-2012 10:31 PM
    I've been trying to find out the same thing. The Nexus Q will do it but that sucker is expensive.

You can easily stream music from the Nexus 7 with a cheap bluetooth adapter. Also if your TV is DLNA compatible you can stream media.
    Found very little information online, about doing it with rooted devices, I really don't want to root my shiney new gadget, it would be great to find out if there are any other options.

-hint hint-
    11-14-2012 11:10 AM
    Another one of those simple videos that shows you how widgets can resize to fits screens.

11-14-2012 01:04 PM
    Thanks for the answers all, one more thing, can you connect an external hard drive directly to a nexus 7 without connecting them both to a PC/ Mac?
    I think you can do this using an OTG cable. I haven't tried this yet myself though. However, you may run into an issue if the Nexus can't supply enough power to the external hard drive.

11-14-2012 08:00 PM
    I've done this successfully using a powered external drive prior to the 4.2 update on my rooted stock Nexus 7 using StickMount. It looks like 4.2 broke StickMount, though.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    11-15-2012 07:31 AM
    I am not sure if this "tip" has been discussed already in this thread, but do not encrypt the data on your Nexus7 unless you are some type of paranoid spy.

When I encrypted by Nexus7 it was NOT buttery smooth at all and when I was doing simple things as typing, the table was not able to keep up. And if you want to turn off encryption you will need to factory reset and that I be a larger pain the butt than you think, (I forgot to back up my FinalFantasy gave file).
    ChromeJob likes this.
    11-15-2012 11:28 AM
    here is what i tried before stickmount stopped working with 4.2
    wd500g portable hhd.
    usb hub with 2 thumb drive attached. both can read and xfer files back and forth.

one thing to note is that the n7 do not support exfat formatted hhd.
    11-16-2012 09:17 AM
    Android 4.2 added new wallpaper and alarm clock ringtones.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    11-16-2012 07:04 PM
    Android 4.2 added new wallpaper and alarm clock ringtones.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Cool

Eduardo06sp likes this.
    11-17-2012 06:35 PM
    Hey fudd
    until they get stickmount up and running, Nexus Media Importer seems to be pretty good. Plus it works on unrooted systems.
    11-18-2012 04:56 PM
    Close. Tap and hold . If you tap to the low light mode, then tap and hold, you get the blue low light mode.
    Can't seem to get this working in 4.2
    SonDan likes this.
    11-19-2012 07:53 PM
    Can't seem to get this working in 4.2
    I'm pretty sure 4.2 got rid of the blue clock.

Sent from my Nexus 7
    11-19-2012 08:52 PM
433 ... 9101112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD