Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree324Likes

Default Re: Google Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks

Quote Originally Posted by pjniez View Post
    Yeah, I noticed it too on my Nexus 7 when I have it plugged into a speaker dock in which case I need to turn the volume way up so that it can be heard through the Aux port on my speaker dock.

It's annoying. Is there a way to turn it off?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    Just hit OK, and it'll stay off until you reboot the tablet.

Sent from the cockpit of Gurren Lagann

Any idea on how to search emails on the stock email app (not gmail) on the nexus 7? Any help would be appreciated - thanks!

In this video I show you how you can delete pictures from the gallery with a quick swipe.

Thanked by:
    PATTY PERRY likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Tsai1 View Post
    Any idea on how to search emails on the stock email app (not gmail) on the nexus 7? Any help would be appreciated - thanks!
    Open one of your accounts and press the search soft key at the top.

The first N7 I had wouldn't ever come up with any results though. I had to exchange it out and email search works on my new one . If you're not getting results try a hard reset. Or you might just be able to clear data on the email app and re-setup.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Ever had seemingly random pictures appear in your gallery? Instant uploads might be the cause.

Thanked by:
    PATTY PERRY likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by vgjfelix View Post
    Ever had seemingly random pictures appear in your gallery? Instant uploads might be the cause.

oh crap i didnt know you were on here. i saw alot of your vids they were very helpful.

To quickly add a period, double-tap the space bar.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Thanks, I've been looking for this trick/tip

Quote Originally Posted by JojoToto View Post
    I don't know if this has been posted.

While holding the N7 in landscape mode, you can turn the volume up or down by swiping up or down on the right edge of the screen. Swiping up or down on the left edge of the screen to increase or decrease the brightness.

Quote Originally Posted by samsafi View Post
    Thanks, I've been looking for this trick/tip
    This volume/brightness trick doesn't work for me. Does anybody have a full list of apps it works in?

Sent from my Inspire 4G

Quote Originally Posted by brad_wp View Post
    This volume/brightness trick doesn't work for me. Does anybody have a full list of apps it works in?

Sent from my Inspire 4G
    Didn't work for me. Probably its the app that does this.

// Sent from my mobile. Misspellings happen. //
    Sent by accident, not using the Android Central app
    Nexus 4 (Mako), Amaze 4G on T-Mobile. Nexus 7 16GB. Google Chromebook (2012 Samsung 16gb). Next stop, a Google flush toilet.
    Did I solve your problem? Hit the Thanks button. Was I just a nuisance? Sorry, can't bat .400 every day.

This trick works with MX Player, and I think Moboplayer as well.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    This trick works with MX Player, and I think Moboplayer as well.
    Well certain apps may have shortcuts, I fail to see how those qualify as Nexus7 (device, or JB OS) tricks. :rolleyes:

// Sent from a mobile. Misspellings happen. //
    Sent by accident, not using the Android Central app
    Nexus 4 (Mako), Amaze 4G on T-Mobile. Nexus 7 16GB. Google Chromebook (2012 Samsung 16gb). Next stop, a Google flush toilet.
    Did I solve your problem? Hit the Thanks button. Was I just a nuisance? Sorry, can't bat .400 every day.
    Eduardo06sp and ziffos like this.

Was just answering the question. I agree that a lot of the posts here should not be in this thread, but rather on their own threads in the main forum.
    ChromeJob likes this.

Hi, can anyone please recommend an app that will sync my MS Outlook 2007 Calendar with my Nexus 7 tablet Calendar. Prefer USB link as PC is not wireless enabled.

Best wishes, John [Forres, Scotland]

Quote Originally Posted by forresian View Post
    Hi, can anyone please recommend an app that will sync my MS Outlook 2007 Calendar with my Nexus 7 tablet Calendar. Prefer USB link as PC is not wireless enabled.

Best wishes, John [Forres, Scotland]
    You can use the Google Calendar sync program on your PC. It looks like they've removed the link for the install, but they're still allowing new sign-ups until 30 Jan. As long as both devices are connected to the internet this is probably the easiest solution. I'll see if I can find the install on my laptop somewhere.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Here's the Install googlecalendarsync_installer.rar. I'll put it on my dropbox in a minute if you'd prefer that too.

Dropbox Link Here
    Last edited by brad_wp; 12-18-2012 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Added Dropbox link

In this video I show you basics of how to use the Daydream feature

Thanked by 2:
    Lil Jaye and mathelm like this.

Easter egg not working....

Opps.. You have to turn off the triple tap magnify feature, then it works...
    Last edited by mathelm; 12-21-2012 at 07:32 AM.

Since the android Jellybean 4.2 update, developer tools have disappeared from the settings screen. If you want them to come back up, here's how to do it.

Thanked by:

In this video I show that you can rollback system applications if you're not happy with the updates they send out. For example, I prefer the old Google Currents so I rollback my version in this video.

Thanked by:

I don't know if this has already been posted, but if you have troubles with wallpapers that work just fine in Portrait mode but get cropped in Landscape mode, the app "Simple Image Wallpaper Free" allows you to set two different wallpapers for each orientation and at least tries to make one and the same picture look nice on both.

In my case I applied two different pictures, because each was taken in the respective orientation, which was perfect for my cause:

Google Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks-uploadfromtaptalk1356231571939.jpg
    Google Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks-uploadfromtaptalk1356231606560.jpg

Before I was using the first picture, and in landscape mode half the head was cut off.

The only thing that bugs me is that I can't pick the area to be used, since I don't like having the full picture as my wallpaper. Maybe the "Pro" version allows that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Thank you...thank you...thank you. I really disliked the update to Google Currents (and its new content format) and was thinking of uninstalling the app itself until I saw your video. Thanks for taking the time to make these videos; they are very informative & well-produced. Happy Holidays.

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

I took my first plane trip with the Nexus 7 the other day and I find the headphone volume way too low. With my earbuds I could barely hear the audio over the jet noise (and not at all when kids started screaming behind me). I gave up on watching movies on the plane.

Is there any way to increase the volume? Or maybe I should buy some of the big, noise-canceling headphones.

Welcome to Volume 4 on my Nexus 7 'Basics' series. You'll find ten different hints, tips and tutorials in here about getting the best out of your device, the tips included in this video are:

@0:05 Software Updating
    @1:32 Homescreen Dock
    @2:44 Widget Managment
    @3:33 New Notification Setup
    @4:22 Task Manager List
    @5:23 Deleting from the Gallery
    @6:17 Instant Uploads in Gallery
    @8:01 How to use Daydream
    @9:44 How to Switch on Developer Tools
    @10:34 How to Uninstall System App Tools

Quote Originally Posted by eerickson7 View Post
    I took my first plane trip with the Nexus 7 the other day and I find the headphone volume way too low. With my earbuds I could barely hear the audio over the jet noise (and not at all when kids started screaming behind me). I gave up on watching movies on the plane.

Is there any way to increase the volume? Or maybe I should buy some of the big, noise-canceling headphones.
    For planes, buses, and trains you've got to at least have in-ear headphones that seal. The best I've had are some Sony in-ear with the silicon ear pieces I got for $90 a few years ago. Haven't ever used any super expensive ones. I like the small in-ear ones because they're more convenient than the over the ears (and you don't look like a hipster when you're using them).

Sent from my Inspire 4G
    ChromeJob likes this.
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617 ... LastLast