Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree324Likes

Default Re: Google Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks

In this video I show you how you can turn off your wifi when the tablet goes to sleep to save power. A word of warning though, you will lose your instant notifications

Thanked by 4:

Quote Originally Posted by vgjfelix View Post
    In this video I show you how you can turn off your wifi when the tablet goes to sleep to save power. A word of warning though, you will lose your instant notifications

Done. Thanks!

**GO MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN**

sent from my N7, using Tapatalk HD
    --- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --OCTO-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by indestructibleguy View Post
    Alright. Did you read the comments? It's a full out geek rage war over there...... From what i understood, all I'm doing is keeping the CPU always running, basically simulating 'performance, mode. But what i know that does help is to disable all the unused Google apps. In Settings/Apps, slide to all, then tap and disable. This keeps them from running on the background, and makes N7 faster. :thumbup:
    yepper - full on wall to wall - as usual at XDA whenever there is tech disagreement, heh.

Yep, vampire apps suxor and just so many in Android, which is why i use task killers when i have to, and shut off sync, gps, & wifi when not in use...there I fixed it !!

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by bigtroutz View Post
    yepper - full on wall to wall - as usual at XDA whenever there is tech disagreement, heh.

Yep, vampire apps suxor and just so many in Android, which is why i use task killers when i have to, and shut off sync, gps, & wifi when not in use...there I fixed it !!

LOL
    I made a custom toggle widget with all that in it. :thumbup: task killer (using sdmaid), cache clearer, GPS toggle( mostly off) and WiFi is set to be off when asleep. question, though, when you press the power button and the screen goes dark, is that sleep mode?

**GO MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN - I.Guy*

--- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --OCTO-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Quote Originally Posted by indestructibleguy View Post
    , when you press the power button and the screen goes dark, is that sleep mode?
    yes, that is sleep mode - make sure to set sleep mode wifi power down too --- to totally power down, long press and confirmation screen....

In this video I show you how to change the way your tablet syncs with your online accounts (such as email). One benefit of turning this off is that you save battery.

Thanked by 2:
    Stefan Bosch likes this.

I bought one like that, except it wasn't Bluetooth. After finding out that I can just plug in a wireless mouse with an OTG cable, a Bluetooth keyboard is not a bad idea. What's the range of the keyboard when separated from the case?

Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-29-2013 at 05:14 PM.

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts

Here's a noob question. I bluetooth a PDF file to my N7, but where does it get stored?
    Galaxy Note II
    Nexus 7

If you used the std android transfer it'll be in your root storage in "Bluetooth"

Sent from my Inspire 4G

Not much of a hint more for fun.

If you to About Tablet in Settings then press continuously on the Android Version halfway down a giant jelly bean will appear. If you continuously press that it will it change into loads of smaller jelly beans you can fly around the screen. Just a bit of fun

In this video I show you some of the basics of using Bluetooth on the Nexus 7 and transferring a file from one device to another.

Very quick and simple one. Get a file browser:

Thanked by:
    Quelch 
    blakes278 likes this.

i recently got my new Nexus 7 32GB and i absolutely love it! thanks everyone for the tips, they are very helpfull
    Thanked by:
    Stefan Bosch likes this.

Hey

Do you have any tips for me.

Just setting up my Nexus 7 (third one ...dont ask!!) I chose English UK and it started up in Danish!!
    Any tips on how to change this. Its sitting on the wIfi set up screen at the moment .....and I have no options to get out of this screen.
    ANy tips would be appreciated
    Cheers

Yes, buy an Ipad.... you're making the rest of us look bad.....

Quote Originally Posted by Zandru View Post
    Hey

Just setting up my Nexus 7 (third one ...dont ask!!) I chose English UK and it started up in Danish!!
    Any tips on how to change this. Its sitting on the wIfi set up screen at the moment .....and I have no options to get out of this screen.
    Cheers
    Quickly tap top left, top right, bottom right, bottom left corners of the screen. (Top left then clockwise) I'd that doesn't work, try sound. That's what I always do when I get stuck. Change volume, then press the sound settings. ...or you can restart it, and choose Danish, see if that gives you English... :thumbup:

blakes278 likes this.

i agree with indestructibleguy, as that is the only way that i know of to skip the wifi setup screen. Then just go into language and input under settings and change the language or just restart the tablet and redo the setup process
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Zandru View Post
    Hey

Cheers
    Language and input is the 13th from the top, and has an 'A' on the icon. Language is at the very top. I don't think I have to tell you where to find English....

blakes278 likes this.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

It's called Voice Search. I love this feature and it works every time for me. If you want to create an "event" yiou just say create event for ... It works for me. Try it out.
    Thanked by:

Welcome to the party....
    Eduardo06sp and blakes278 like this.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

I think if you shut it down, it will go to the original start up page. I shut mine down while first booting it, and it when to the first set up page.
    blakes278 likes this.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Thanks!

yeah, i love voice search. i use it all the time.
    but anyway, WELCOME

If you want a keyboard with numbers, tip number #7 works on our tab.

50 Great Tips & Tricks for the Nexus 10 Mostly-Tech
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Google Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks-screenshot_2013-01-30-07-48-58.png  
    NookColor running CM10.1
    Galaxy Note running RootBox
    Nexus 7 Running JellyBam v7
    Thanked by 4:

Quote Originally Posted by dparrothead1 View Post
    If you want a keyboard with numbers, tip number #7 works on our tab.

50 Great Tips & Tricks for the Nexus 10 Mostly-Tech
    Do any others work on N7 ? Like that keyboard and will try it out.
    blakes278 likes this.
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 131415161718 LastLast