Google Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
12-05-2014 02:10 PM
- New tip for anyone trying to trick there Nexus into thinking its in another country using DNS change.
For instance I use this to watch Netflix USA content in Canada.
When you are connected to a Wifi connection go to the list of connections.
tap and hold onto the network you are connected to. It will bring up a menu to "modify network"
This allows you to change more then just the IP address, but also the DNS so you can make these changes. Works great for me. I can switch between Canadian and American content fine. Like usual Netflix just thinks you are travelling.07-30-2012 11:28 AMLike 6
- What a great thread! Glad it got a "sticky"!
I particularly appreciate the hints about getting Dice Player and Ultimate Rotation. As much as I've always liked MX Player Pro, there's no comparison to how well Dice Player works on the Nexus 7, as well as on my Galaxy Nexus HSPA+.
As for Ultimate Rotation, it's flat out the best (you don't have to "root" it to do this) app that adds essential functionality to both my devices. Simple, painless, and cheap.
Whatever you do with these though, GET the paid apps, or in the case of Dice Player, definitely donate (as of August 1st). These folks have worked hard providing these apps to us, and the least we can do is support them a bit financially. That keeps the ball rolling, and encourages more of these great developers to continue to make our lives easier.
So give 'em five or ten bucks (or more if you can), you can't eat a cheap meal at Arby's for that, and these will be a lot better for you!07-30-2012 10:47 PM
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums07-31-2012 11:53 AM
- How to clear the history in Chrome via:I found out how to clear the history. The clear button doesn't work. The fix, though not real quick can be found here:
How to view and clear browsing history on Chrome for mobile | How To - CNET08-01-2012 08:30 AMLike 4
- 08-01-2012 04:18 PM
- Ever want to print from your Nexus 7? If you have a network enabled or WiFi printer, then you may be able to print. You just have to get the free Cloud Print app and configure your printer through the GOOGLE Cloud Print page. To print, you just hit the 3 dot configure button and choose Share. Then choose Cloud Print. I only tried it on a web page so far.08-03-2012 06:24 PMLike 5
- 08-03-2012 09:09 PM
Click to view quoted image
The rotation lock is hidden at the top in the notification bar.
For example, you can unlock, rotate to landscape, then relock. That keeps it in landscape, except for home screen.08-03-2012 09:19 PM
- I've just discovered one. In Google Now, clicking on the weather card brings you to a Google search in Chrome, with a large weather card at the top. The trick/tip is, you can drag your finger along the time interval to see the expected temperature, humidity, wind, and precipitation. Pretty handy if you wanna plan some outside events (especially here in New York where we get 90* weather with 100% humidity!).08-03-2012 10:03 PMLike 6
- 08-03-2012 11:45 PM
- All the google now commands. I did not come up with this list I found it on some website and I can't remember its name.
Remind me to ______ in (time). // Note to self _______.
Call the (place) in (location)
Send SMS/text to (contact). Message, _______.
Send email to ______, subject ____, message _______.
Set alarm for (time a.m. / p.m.), label ______.
Listen to/Play/Show me (song)
Weather + day + place
(Business) in (Location)
Navigate/directions to ______. (by.... foot/car/etc)
Where is (place/business) in (location)
Map of ________.
Go to (URL).
When is the next (team) game?
How are the (team) doing?
Who do the (team) play next?
Did the (team) win their last game?
What time is it in (location)?
When is sunrise/sunset in (location)?
What timezone is (location) in?
When was (holiday)?
When is (holiday) in (year)?
What's ____ in _____?
Percent of (number)?
.... And pretty much any other mathematical simple calculation.
What's the cast of (movie/show)?
Who produced (movie/show)?
Who founded ________?
Where did (person) go to college? (try natalie portman)
Define/What is (word)?
How much is ____ worth? (try Angelina Jolie)
Who wrote ______?
Area/zip code (number).
What movies did (person) play in?
(animal) species in (location).
How long is _________? (movie,bridges,etc)
How old is (person)?
What is the height requirement for (amusement park ride)? (try space mountain if none work)
What is the capital of _______?
Translate to (language), __________.
Pictures of _______.
Do a barrel roll.
What's the Meaning of Life, the universe, and everything?
I'm hungry.08-04-2012 01:21 AMLike 26
- Google Now >
"I need shirts"
Google: "Sending note to self - I need shirts"
(sends to gmail with subject line: Note to Self")
"I have a doctors appt tomorrow at 6pm"
Google: "Setting alarm for tomorrow at 6pm"
I am still messing with the voice to tasks, schedules, alarms and calendars.
Please post up if you have any more commands that work well.
Thanks.08-04-2012 03:09 AM
- 08-04-2012 03:22 AM
- Google Hardware, Services & Apps
- More Google Devices & Services
- Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)
Google Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD