Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Overcharged for shipping

I havebeen notified that my tablet is on its way. Checking the tracking info makes it clear that Google shipped it by standard ups...from Kentucky....to Northern Ontario. We all paid for 2 day shipping, and Google is giving me 6 day (estimated). I have asked for a refund of my shipping charges but have not heard back from them for about 30 hours. VERY frustrating.

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Default Re: Overcharged for shipping

Same for me
    Thanked by:

Same here. Looks like someone in the warehouse drop the ball. Thank god I a going to refuse the shipment anyway.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

Same here. Read their fine print. It says 2 Day Shipping is 3-5 working days.
    So I've been advised by Google.
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Has anyone had any sucess getting a response from Google, or are they a customer service black hole? Mine shipped on the 24th and is scheduled for delivery on the 1st. Surely that cant fit in even a very very loose definition of 2 day. Not to mention the tracking info states standard shipping. All I would like from them is what I paid for!
    Last edited by Cdn_Hammer; 07-27-2012 at 06:31 AM.

Be careful with the shipped date. If it's the date Google sent word to ups that the package is ready (essentially just data about the package sent to ups), versus Google making the package available and giving it to ups. When you see a ups scan in Louisville, then ups has it and it should be two business days. So... Scan on 7/27 means delivery on 8/31.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Data was uploaded to UPS on the 24th at 10 pm. Seems like the device was given to UPS on the 25th with it starting to make it's way that day. The device has made it into Canada today (27th), with delivery still scheduled for the 31st. I'm no math whiz, but that doesn't add up to two days by any stretch of the imagination. I paid for 2 day shipping, is it wrong for me to think it should have been in my hand today? Simple fact of the matter is they shipped it UPS Standard (as is evident on the tracking information) and not UPS 2 day, or even 3 day

Windsor, ON, Canada 07/27/2012 9:57 A.M. Arrival Scan
    Maumee, OH, United States 07/27/2012 1:12 A.M. Departure Scan
    Maumee, OH, United States 07/26/2012 5:15 P.M. Arrival Scan
    Cincinnati, OH, United States 07/26/2012 12:54 P.M. Departure Scan
    07/26/2012 8:08 A.M. Arrival Scan
    Lexington, KY, United States 07/26/2012 6:11 A.M. Departure Scan
    Lexington, KY, United States 07/25/2012 9:42 P.M. Arrival Scan
    Louisville, KY, United States 07/25/2012 8:26 P.M. Departure Scan
    07/25/2012 2:23 P.M. Origin Scan
    United States 07/24/2012 10:12 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS
    Last edited by Cdn_Hammer; 07-27-2012 at 04:15 PM.

Global Posts
    263 Global Posts

I just ordered my 2nd N7 though Radio Shack. Google's shipping costs are too much, I guess they are trying to cover s&h completely since the profit margin on the devices is so slim. Radio Shack is currently offering free shipping and is one of the few places in stock. Sucks to pay sales tax, but it's the same price I'd pay walking into a store, if anybody still had them on the shelves, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Cdn_Hammer View Post
    Data was uploaded to UPS on the 24th at 10 pm. Seems like the device was given to UPS on the 25th with it starting to make it's way that day. The device has made it into Canada today (27th), with delivery still scheduled for the 31st. I'm no math whiz, but that doesn't add up to two days by any stretch of the imagination. I paid for 2 day shipping, is it wrong for me to think it should have been in my hand today? Simple fact of the matter is they shipped it UPS Standard (as is evident on the tracking information) and not UPS 2 day, or even 3 day

Windsor, ON, Canada 07/27/2012 9:57 A.M. Arrival Scan
    Maumee, OH, United States 07/27/2012 1:12 A.M. Departure Scan
    Maumee, OH, United States 07/26/2012 5:15 P.M. Arrival Scan
    Cincinnati, OH, United States 07/26/2012 12:54 P.M. Departure Scan
    07/26/2012 8:08 A.M. Arrival Scan
    Lexington, KY, United States 07/26/2012 6:11 A.M. Departure Scan
    Lexington, KY, United States 07/25/2012 9:42 P.M. Arrival Scan
    Louisville, KY, United States 07/25/2012 8:26 P.M. Departure Scan
    07/25/2012 2:23 P.M. Origin Scan
    United States 07/24/2012 10:12 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS
    2 day air shipping is inside the United States... Google shouldn't label it as 2 day since they know they will ship outside the US as well as inside. I don't know what ups service they used in your case. It is an International shipment, so Worldwide Express, Expedited, Saver, or Standard. Sounds like Standard based on the time in transit so far.

Full disclosure, I work for UPS...

Last edited by yankswinagain; 07-27-2012 at 06:16 PM.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

They used UPS standard (labelled on the right side of the tracking info page). Us Canadians order from the Google Play Canada site, and they are stating two day. Dont know any other way to look at it other than I paid for two day and Im getting much less than that. If I had known we would have been able to walk into stores I wouldnt even have ordered it and just waited to pick it up in store. Im feeling a little taken on the shipping charges.

Quote Originally Posted by Cdn_Hammer View Post
    They used UPS standard (labelled on the right side of the tracking info page). Us Canadians order from the Google Play Canada site, and they are stating two day. Dont know any other way to look at it other than I paid for two day and Im getting much less than that. If I had known we would have been able to walk into stores I wouldnt even have ordered it and just waited to pick it up in store. Im feeling a little taken on the shipping charges.
    Agree that Google shouldn't advertise 2 day if they don't intend to get it there in two days. If you pay ups for 2 day and we mess up, we refund it.

Thanked by:

Did you have a choice and picked 2 Day and paid extra for it? Or was there no choice?
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Ya, I dont think I am being unreasonable asking Google for a refund (or at the very least a Google play store credit) for the value of the shipping. It has been three days since my email to them and I have had no response.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

There was no choice....2 day or nothing.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

After 6 days...still no tablet, and even worse, no response from Google Customer service. I understand that companies make mistakes, but it is their response to problems that set companies apart...and Google is falling down - hard.