Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Clyde S Dale
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Arrow Slightly protruding screen

I have been happily using my 8Gb N7 for more than a week, until today I noticed that the screen (actually the corning) is slightly protruding on in the center on the left side.

So when I run my finger on the leftmost edge of the glass, where the steel band is fitted, I notice the difference on the left side. And when I closely examined it does appear so.

Can't get it off my mind to stop noticing it, is it a problem or am I fussing?

Default Re: Slightly protruding screen

Tons of people are having this issue. Debating on whether I want to send mine back as we speak.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Just wondering, why are you holding back from sending?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

@DavidRayMoreno: Thanks buddy, I thought the "Was you Nexus 7.." was about seriously defect devices, and never read it..

But seems like people have the exact same problem, although mine is very subtle..I'm surely going to get it replaced, just have to figure it how

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly bean :)

I have that same problem(?) too but I'm not gonna nitpick over something like that. I don't feel like going through the process of sending it in and waiting for a replacement. the wait for my first nexus 7 was bad enough. the screen issue does not impact the performance of the nexus and does not seem like its gonna get worse. just my two cents on this issue
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

@edwinc8811: I appreciate your advice...So yours too is too slight to notice

parth.s, my N7 is exactly as you described yours. I'm going to give it a week or two and see if it worsens. If it does I'll pop the back off and tighten the screws. Only if I can't fix I will I send it back. I've noticed that after 4 days of use it is starting to creak here and there. It is subtle but annoying.
    parth.s likes this.

If it can be possibly self-fixed by tightening the screws in the back, why not give that a shot?

Edit here:

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/07/18...n-the-nexus-7/
    Thanked by: