Is a Nexus 10.1 coming soon?

FreakyLocz14

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
The Nexus 7 is almost everything I want in a tablet, but two things are holding me back:

1) I want a 10.1 inch tablet.

2) It lacks internet access.

I would also like a microSD card slot, but that's not a deal breaker.

EDIT: I mean cellular internet access.

Why would carriers be a problem if they're not with the Galaxy Nexus?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

armeddroid

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
i dont care for the 10"
I want the SD card slot, HDMI out and Gorilla Glass backed with a Kevlar cover similar to the Razr Maxx.

:cool:

njgsx96

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I just got the Asus TF700 which is supposedly comign soon with 3G or 4G. Could double for a Nexus 10" since Asus makes it. So far I love it.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm seriously considering getting an TF700. Though it seems a little pricey.

Just got one for $500 from Amazon. Not pricy at all. It's right in line with other top end 10" tabs. And the only other hi-def 10" Android is the Acer A700 which, I will tell you from experience, purely sucks. The Asus is great.

Ravynmagi

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I'd love to buy a Nexus 10, but there doesn't seem to be any real signs that it's happening, so I probably won't wait for it.

I'm considering replacing my iPad 3 with the Transformer Infinity. But I'm waiting for ASUS to address the IO performance issue and release Jelly Bean for it. Hopefully both will come in the next month or two.

So I'm guessing Google has until about September to announce a Nexus 10.

PS. Oh, and I almost forgot about the Amazon tablets. Supposedly they might have a bigger model coming. And it kinda sounds more real than a Nexus 10 at the moment. So I'll want to wait to see what a larger Kindle Fire looks like. I buy a lot of my content from Amazon already. Though I don't know if I really want Kindle's OS, will probably have to hope for good custom ROMs for it too.

kenyee

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
2) It lacks internet access.

Ditto what's been said. If you mean cellular 3G/4G, you won't see a Nexus like that because that'll tie it to a carrier and then the stupid carriers will block Android OS upgrades. The point of a Nexus is that you get the latest operating system instead of being crippled by something 4 versions behind :-\

Get a cellular hotspot. Tether your tablet to it. There's your internet on the go. At home, you should be hooking it to your wifi router so you don't get charged for cellular data.

Look at the Asus Transformer Infinity for a 10" tablet...that's what I'd get, but I don't want it to have built-in cellular modems...

capslock118

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
He means built in. Aka cell radio. :rolleyes:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Internet is built in.... cell radio is not where internet babies come from; its just the delivery personnel.

Anyways I know I know...jerking the chain here :p

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
10 inches is too big for something that many people want to HOLD for long periods. that's one of the reasons I never bought a Jesus...er iPad. It's fatiguing to hold it. simple as that. I'm 64 years old and have no problem seeing what's on the screen of my Nexus 7...or my 4.3" Bionic, for that matter. bigger equipment isn't always the best solution for everyone. (no snickering, kiddies!!) :

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Ditto what's been said. If you mean cellular 3G/4G, you won't see a Nexus like that because that'll tie it to a carrier and then the stupid carriers will block Android OS upgrades. The point of a Nexus is that you get the latest operating system instead of being crippled by something 4 versions behind :-\

Um. That doesn't stop the HSPA+ unlocked Google Galaxy Nexus from existing.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
If you look at the mess that is the Verizon Xoom, it's way better IMHO to get a WiFi tablet and tether it to your phone or a portable hotspot. As for a 10" tablet, it has its place as an instant on device at home or for some light on the go productivity, but again IMHO, nothing beats 7" for portable entertainment, especially on a bus or plane. I have an iPad and I'm shocked at how unwieldy it feels next to the N7.

SAENZ_SCENE

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if I would. I like the smaller form factor.I use the new iPad at work everyday and I find myself not wanting to and go for a smaller tablet each time. Its just preference. Some people with like the size. For those that do, it would be an Excellent option if it became reality. For those of us who like a smaller device, the nexus 7 is for us.

SeNt FrOm A nOcTuRnAl'D one X!

TheAssailant

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
If you look at the mess that is the Verizon Xoom, it's way better IMHO to get a WiFi tablet and tether it to your phone or a portable hotspot. As for a 10" tablet, it has its place as an instant on device at home or for some light on the go productivity, but again IMHO, nothing beats 7" for portable entertainment, especially on a bus or plane. I have an iPad and I'm shocked at how unwieldy it feels next to the N7.

WiFi Xoom is already on Jelly Bean and is a Google Experience device, so technically it already is the Nexus 10.

WiFi Xoom > VZW Xoom.

Sent from my VZW Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Reactions: booboolala2000

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt