Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

Default Re: Tablet Talk vs My SMS

Mightytext is not bad, but I'd really go with mysms. It always worked more reliable for me and they have just released a new version of the tablet app https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...android.tablet which works great. Also, mysms works more similar to iMessage (free to mysms users, SMS to other contacts), that's something I really missed in Mighty text.

You can send/receive messages on your tablet, the app syncs with your smartphone and with the web. I don't use normal MMS, but sending pics works nicely via mysms.

The Mighty Text tablet app is out of beta today and available in the Play Store.

Global Posts
    232 Global Posts

I use DeskSMS/TabletSMS. Texts sync between all my tablets and Chrome. Works great.

What's mighty text? What's the difference between that and Tablet Talk?

Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    Its been updated, you can now send SMS via tablet talk.
    I think you mean MMS. We can now send MMS picture attachments from the tablet. Awesome, right? Let me add that Tablet Talk launched new themes. Free to install once you have purchased the app.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMiller8 View Post
    I think you mean MMS. We can now send MMS picture attachments from the tablet. Awesome, right? Let me add that Tablet Talk launched new themes. Free to install once you have purchased the app.
    He updated the launcher icon too

Tablet talk cannot receive MMS then? What about mysms and might text?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMiller8 View Post
    What's mighty text? What's the difference between that and Tablet Talk?
    They both do the same thing. Mighty Text is free; Tablet Talk costs. I like both... Just chose Mighty Text because I beta tested and have used it with Chrome for a long time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by TDK12 View Post
    Tablet talk cannot receive MMS then? What about mysms and might text?
    TabletTalk can both receive and send MMS now.

For the record, I switched form Mighty Text to mySMS, and love it. Seems to work a lot better and the web interface has no ads.

I tried tablet talk but I like the idea of the cloud sync better than the connection directly between devices.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12