Tablet Talk vs My SMS

anon(680971)

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I found MYSMS when I was looking at Tablet Talk for my Nexus 7. Hated having to switch devices for a text message. Reading the descriptions I'm not seeing that big of a difference but general look, and name, and price. Thoughts?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Meeh

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
With mysms it looks like you have to do it with a browser. With tablet talk, you get an app. That alone is worth it for me. I was wary at first but now I'm really loving tablet talk. Got it for free thanks to the 25$ Google gave me.

Sent from my MB860 using Android Central Forums

anon(680971)

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
No it's an app. You can use a browser on the PC but on the tablet its like tablet talk as far as the app to click on.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

noordzy77

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I use SyncSMS on my tablet and I plan on setting it up on my wife's Nexus when it get's here. It has worked pretty flawlessly for me so far.

vzwty

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Trying out mysms right now. Seems to work well. Its free so why not try it out.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Trying out mysms right now. Seems to work well. Its free so why not try it out.

Because it's a service and if you want to send and receive texts from people you all have to be on the same service. At least that's what their website says.

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Because it's a service and if you want to send and receive texts from people you all have to be on the same service. At least that's what their website says.

I use mysms and I have Verizon. Most of my friends have sprint and at&t. It works just fine. The only thing is, it sends the msg slow at times.

anon(680971)

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Never tried My SMS but with tablet talk you cannot receive MMS (pics/video) messages. Something to consider.

MYSMS I get everything including photos. Working great since I posted this. Even changed phones because of a pool mishap and it's had stored my texts in the cloud.

anon(680971)

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site

It has its own service but it can use your mobile carrier for the phone you have the base app on. It works great with my Epic 4G Touch

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I got the impression that I and anyone I participate in texting with would have to have mysms accounts in order for it to work. Yes? No?

anon(680971)

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I got the impression that I and anyone I participate in texting with would have to have mysms accounts in order for it to work. Yes? No?

You load it on your cell phone then load the tablet version on your Nexus 7. It syncs it across to send it to whomever you can text from any other testing app, but SMS or MMS.

You can send messages to people via MYSMS service in the case of two people who have it and it won't need to go through your carrier

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
+1 for Tablet Talk. I haven't had any MMS messages arrive since I started using it, but it is supposed to be able to view them. If it included sending MMS from the tablet, it would be hard to beat.

stirling

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm a fan of Tablet Talk, particularly since it doesn't require me to send any data through yet someone else's servers. I like the ability to answer and make calls through my phone and Bluetooth headset. What I don't like is the fact that if I answer or start a call with my phone in my pocket, the screen on the phone unlocks. I've looked in the settings but haven't found a way to keep the screen off.
Has anyone figured this out?

Sent from my Nexus 7

hoosiermama2799

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
I used tablet talk when I first got my N7, but have used mighty text on my computer to text for years. They've now come out with a tablet version (in beta) that is great. I get notifications of calls and texts, and texts go through quickly. I had problems with tablet talk losing the connection, and I'd have to reboot both the phone and N7 to reestablish the connection and don't have that issue with mighty text. I also don't have to have Bluetooth on with it.

I'm not affiliated with them at all. It's just another option.

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I used tablet talk when I first got my N7, but have used mighty text on my computer to text for years. They've now come out with a tablet version (in beta) that is great. I get notifications of calls and texts, and texts go through quickly. I had problems with tablet talk losing the connection, and I'd have to reboot both the phone and N7 to reestablish the connection and don't have that issue with mighty text. I also don't have to have Bluetooth on with it.

I'm not affiliated with them at all. It's just another option.

I use Tablet Talk over wifi (no bluetooth connection between devices) and haven't had it drop the connection. Might text does sound interesting, though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech