Ebook Reader for Nexus 7

Flur

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I use Google Play Books and like it. Is there a way to get a book I purchase from Play Books onto my wife's Nook Simple Touch? Not trying to be dishonest but if I buy book I think at least my wife and I ought to be able to read it on our own.

In case you didn't get an answer to this -
If the nook is not already initialized with Adobe Digital Editions, you'll need to set that up. Then, on the computer on which you have ADE installed, go to Google Play and download the book. You'll get an ACSM file. Open that file in ADE. This will get you the EPUB file, which you can now load to the nook.

I know it looks like a lot of steps but it's actually really easy once ADE is set up and the nook is initialized with it. If your wife has ever side loaded books from Kobo or Sony, she probably already has ADE set up.

opteron7

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Before I bought a book I tried all the other readers. I like how Google books pages turn and it's more intuitive than the other ereaders recommended here.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Inishatr

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
FBReader. I have a large collection on Caliber and I can access it via WiFi using this app. Especially compared with other mobile compatible apps, this has the best features.

Last edited:

Billie Sheads

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I have Google nexus tablet.how do I move my Google play store,kindle, from independent sources,epubs,etc into the nook reader? I am new at this so I need very simple instruction. Thanks. Also, is there one reader available that will allow me to read everything that most people read.

Billie Sheads

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm newby with nexus tab. I'm looking for a way to have all my books in one reader. Is that possible? If so which one and how do I move them to that reader? I've seen posts about 'side-loading'-don't understand. I've seen posts about moving files-don'understand.Can you help me?

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Reading ebooks on any device is dependent on what that device allows by way of format / application and there are many many formats. The kindle app and kindle devices only allow by default .azw, .mobi, .prc, .txt, .pdf files but NOT .ePub. Because the Nexus 7 has the latest Android OS, you may use as many eReader applications you like and there are many more good ones than you have fingers and toes. Some of the best ones can read most all of the most common ebook formats like ePub as well as those employed by the kindles, like CoolReader. More on eBook formats here: MobileRead Wiki - E-book formats

Second, eBook converter / DRM removal tools are also as common as leaves on trees and I would never say one is best. However, the freeware Calibre is very widely used in the eBook community and has versions for PC, Mac, Linux and Android. Hamster is the converter subset of Calibre. Much more info here: MobileRead Wiki - E-book conversion

some more useful links:
calibre - E-book management --> Calibre home
Calibre: a single place to view, tag, and manage your ebook collection - freewaregenius.com
Hamster Free Ebook Converter: converts ebooks across a wide range of formats - freewaregenius.com
MobileRead
614 Places for Free eBooks Online ---> currently 600+ places for free books online
Best Free eBook Reader for Android ----> reviews of some of the best Android eReader Apps
Top Apps for Reading Ebooks on Android Devices | VikiTech.com -----> same as above reviews
Comparison of Android e-book reader software - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ----> real nice comparison tables

Billie Sheads

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I love the Nook reader. I would love to move all books possible into this reader but being a new by I don't have a clue how to go about it.And also,when I download a book how (or can) I choose to download into the Nook reader? I have 4different readers with their own libraries. There has got to be a way to consolidate. Thanks

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, bigtroutz gave you the links you need up above. There is no simple solution. You will have to do some reading and make some effort.

[edit]: The above is in reference to your consolidation question. In reference to your epub/kobo question, first you need to copy the epubs onto your nexus 7 (connect with usb, airdroid, etc.). Then in the kobo app, there is an import button.

Billie Sheads

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I starting using the nook reader and love it but I can't find my Google collection,kindle collection or independent books that I have in my tablet's file manager so I can move them to nook to read. Any help would be appreciated.:)

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site

ThreeChordMonte

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I use a program called Airdroid to transfer files to my Nexus 7. It loads an explorer like interface allowing easy access to directories. Go to the Nook/My Documents directory and drag and drop your files there.

Also, I completely agree with using Calibre on the PC side. Best program for converting files to Epub (best for the Nook Reader) and for editing all the info for each file.

I love the Nook reader. I would love to move all books possible into this reader but being a new by I don't have a clue how to go about it.And also,when I download a book how (or can) I choose to download into the Nook reader? I have 4different readers with their own libraries. There has got to be a way to consolidate. Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

crowrb29

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I've been using Adobe Reader to read free pdf books. It has a pretty good zoom and text wrapping feature that I have yet to find with a lot of other readers, oddly enough

Njshoregurl

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I don't even hook up top computer. Dropbox to aldiko and open immediately via fbreader.I was using bluelight reader on the nook to open without needing to use calibre.. Etc but I did that as well for the fire... But not the nexus.I didn't try and see if it will open in the storage where play storebookstore are stored.

Njshoregurl

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Yes, read and learn LOL its simple.I never needed to use y laptop to open epubs... Just download fbreader if you want the simplest format.
Theres many ways and ideas..u want specific apps it will work side loading but it will not not remain in the app (like nook) in another tablet.... You will have to repeat process. Dropbox evernote, google drive etc alllll will save round on cloud.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress