Transformers 3 video isn't playing.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
While my first N7 had a defective screen the playback of the bundled Transformers video was fine. However, my replacement unit is a disaster: it spins the circle for 15 - 30 seconds then the audio stutters and the video is a series of stills at 5 - 10 second intervals. I cleared the cache, rebooted, tried starting at the beginning, toggling the GPU options in the Developer Settings area, uninstalling the updates to the Google Play Movies app; nothing works. I saw another thread that mentioned problems with rotation apps, but I don't have any installed.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Ravynmagi

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
You should have "disable HW overlays" and "force GPU rendering" both unchecked.

If that still isn't working, I'd try doing a factory reset.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I redownloaded the movie - took 24 hours on my g/f's puny 1.5 Mbps DSL, yuck - and it appears to be playing fine. Sucks and a little worrisome that the pre-loaded content may've been corrupted.

RyC

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
I had the same thing in the last few days - went away so pinned the movie. Halfway through it went into buffer mode, locked up the N7!!!

May try to redownload it to see if that helps me as well then :)

retsaw

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
The movie never was preloaded. I'm not sure how big the movie is, since I didn't check when I downloaded it, assuming it is 3GB (the largest value I've seen for it) then it should only take 4.5 hours to download on a 1.5Mbps connection. So either your girlfriend's connection was being particularly crappy, or there is a problem with the WiFi on your Nexus 7.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums