Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Default Re: Help- where is the address book/list of contacts on GMail, etc.?

Well I did know that but when you have over 80 addresses in your contacts list it's impossible to remember what the user names all begin with.
    So the facility is of limited use. I mean, if you have some people who have made up strange or odd user names they all get mixed up with emails that begin help@ or sales@, or support@ and such emails that are filed under the person's name but the user name they use is something like gizzy34_bong@ then you can't hope to pick out the right starting combination of letters to make the Gmail auto type the person you want to fetch. So I'm sorry but Gmail has been very remiss in not making it available to us when for goodness sake it belongs to us, not to them. OK so it's not Google it's the Android version of the Gmail app, but that's still Google's fault for not insisting that the app was fully functional instead of cut down in a really silly way.
    There is no excuse other than feeble ones.

That's true if you only have an email address in your contacts.
    If you have the persons name also you just start typing their first or last name and the selection box shows up.

My wife has over 2000 contacts from around the world and this works quickly.

Granted when you have over 100 Bills or Johns it helps to know the last name :-)

Login to gmail using your browser.
    Open a new tab and type in:

That's it!

It's even easier to open Gmail, then click on Gmail in the upper left corner and choose 'Contacts'.

Quote Originally Posted by bellknap View Post
    Good evening,
    well I have searched high and low and can't seem to find anykind of address book on my new Nexus 7.
    I was successfull in importing my contacts (converted them via Gmail from CSV to Vcards) and can see them for instance if I try and type and email and start typing the name.
    Can also see them listed in first name order in the People app. But where can I find an actual address book. Many times you want to send out an invitation for example and just scroll your contacts to remind you to send to everyone.
    I can see "contacts" in GMail on my PC, but can't find it anywhere on the Nexus on either Gmail (or the yellow email icon, where I have my ATT account).
    Thanks in advance for your help, Lydia, Nexus Newbie
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12