Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By iphart
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is there a TV app or way to watch live TV on Nexus 7

I am just looking for a way to view TV shows on my Nexus 7 or even Galaxy Nexus. Most apps I see need flash but I have 4.1.1 on my devices so no flash for me
    Is there an alternative?

Global Posts
    4,359 Global Posts

Default Re: Is there a TV app or way to watch live TV on Nexus 7

I use Slingplayer but you have to buy a Slingbox and hook it up to your cable or satellite box. It works on my Nexus 7.

Slingbox is the way to go, but if you use an older model, the tablet version won't work, only the phone version works on the Nexus 7.

If you have Time Warner cable they have an app that has live TV with quite a few channels.

Unfortunately not avail on JB yet (soon to come). I have it on my Sammy tab that has ICS.

Also check out Droid TV app for $8.99, it has over 500 TV shows.
    Thanked by:
    paulsam7 likes this.

Global Posts
    128 Global Posts

Yeah, I use both Droid TV and I have a Slingbox. I think you can get sling built into your box if you subscribe to Dish Network.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

The NBC Olympics app has free TV for a few weeks. Live too.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by iphart View Post
    Also check out Droid TV app for $8.99, it has over 500 TV shows.
    Thanks! (BTW, that's $8.99 for 3-months, renewable.)

Drawback - you have to wait for it to record your episode (could be up to 24 hours later, depending on the amount of traffic they have), and then download it.

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by briancook451 View Post
    I am just looking for a way to view TV shows on my Nexus 7 or even Galaxy Nexus. Most apps I see need flash but I have 4.1.1 on my devices so no flash for me
    Is there an alternative?
    Keep an eye out for reviews on the Belkin @TV Plus, which is now shipping.

It's a promising and cheaper alternative to Slingbox, and there is already a free Nexus 7 app for it.
    Thanked by:

Thanked by:
    credo 

TV.COM , SPB TV, Xfinity TV player, and TVU are the apps I use to watch shows without flash.

MyVulkano.com I have their older Hava streamer and the Vulkano app works fine with it, highly recommended. Higher models have DVR functions as well and no monthly fees.

Edit: Almost forgot to mention that it has a wireless feature that means you can connect the box to your router without a cable unlike other streaming boxes, which is nice if your TV and router are in two different rooms or you just don't want wires everywhere.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Just to clarify, Droid TV lets me download tv episodes to my nexus to view anywhere? This is exactly what I've been looking for, seems a bit steep at 5.99 a month though.

I paid $40 for a sling adapter for my Dish DVR.

another option is Splashtop. this app allows you to control your a laptop computer from your Nexus.anything that you see on your computer screen, you will see on your tablet. this means that any TV shows you can watch on your laptop or desktop computer you can watch on your tablet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by: