8 gig enough?

svfd757

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Okay, I'm sure this has been covered. Couldn't find it so I decided to take whatever ripping I receive. That being said, here is my question..

For those of you how have the 8 gig version, is it enough space? I am a little bit of a tight wad and don't want to spend the extra $50 if I don't have to. For the most part I don't play a lot of games so this is not a concern. Mainly I would use it for web browsing and book/magazine reading.

I am seriously thinking about getting the 8 gig. I am just fearful that it will not be enough memory.

Thoughts?

rickandroid

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
i have the 8 gig, i stream all my movies and music, netflix etc, i have installed a ton of apps, loads of games including dead trigger, shadowgun, sprinkle, lots of books, and i have 2+ gig left so i would say your good with 8gig if you want it just for browsing etc.

Richard Devine

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
8gb fine for me. If you want to carry music etc consider rooting and using stickmount with an otg cable and a flash drive.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I figured the 8GB would be plenty for me since I don't really intend to load much local stuff to it. So I bought the 16GB anyway, because in 6 months I will probably be doing things with it that I can't anticipate today. :D

ejraney

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
8 gigs is enough for me. I stream everything, and any music I need for offline I have on my phone. I still have a little over 3 gigs left of storage after several apps, games and a few LWP.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Okay, I'm sure this has been covered. Couldn't find it so I decided to take whatever ripping I receive. That being said, here is my question..

For those of you how have the 8 gig version, is it enough space? I am a little bit of a tight wad and don't want to spend the extra $50 if I don't have to. For the most part I don't play a lot of games so this is not a concern. Mainly I would use it for web browsing and book/magazine reading.

I am seriously thinking about getting the 8 gig. I am just fearful that it will not be enough memory.

Thoughts?

If you can, shell out the extra $50. It's always better to have more storage space than what you need. You're really getting about 6gb which you can fill up easily.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
16GB isnt enough! :D

I totally agree if there was a 32 available, that's what I would have gotten. The last thing I would want to worry about is running out of space. 8gb simply wasn't an option for me.

Ftspyder

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
8GB is enough, I have loaded all the apps I want on my 16GB and i still have 11GB left, so im only using 5Gbs, so again 8 should be enough

svfd757

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Lest you forget space for nandroids, roms, and associated loveliness :).

That was going to be my next question. Let's say I get the 8 gig version. How much space is required for let's say a rom, Gapps, 2 nandroids? I'm sure that stuff adds up. A gig?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
If you aren't interested in offline viewing of movies, etc, the 8gb should be fine.
If you are interested in offline viewing, but are willing to root (then use stickmount and USB OTG), 8 GB should be fine.
If you are interested in offline viewing, but don't want to root, get the 16gb.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
That was going to be my next question. Let's say I get the 8 gig version. How much space is required for let's say a rom, Gapps, 2 nandroids? I'm sure that stuff adds up. A gig?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Some nandroids are a gig and above, at least some of mine are. So if a rom and gapps is 200 to 300 megs, you're looking at what, maybe 1.2 to 1.5 gigs?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Reactions: svfd757

RichardRight

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I got the 8 gig. I installed every possible app I can think of the that I might need. That includes one super large video game. I have 125 apps and still have two gigs left over.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca